Episode 53: Is She Dreaming?

            Trista along with Jenna went inside Crystal Tower, Princess Aureka’s castle. They met everyone at the main hall room, which had a big round table in the center.

            “Tomorrow morning we’re heading into the enchanted Forest of Jasquez,” said Prince Dycoon.

            “WHAT!” shouted Trista, jumping out of her seat on impulse. They all stared at her strangely as Jenna calmed her back down. “I mean, must we go into the forest?”

            “We must find the place where Angela saw the princess. She tried contacting her through a dream so there might be a clue,” he said.

            “I mean…do I have to go?” she asked.

            “Why wouldn’t you…we need everyone in this,” said Travis

            “Trista—has a slight issue with the forest,” said Jenna, trying to help.

            “What kind of issue?” asked Zac. Trista hesitated, not wanting everyone to know her business or “issue” as Jenna put it.

            “The point is, is there anyway I can stay here while you all go searching?”

            “Don’t worry we all be there so you have nothing to worry about,” assured Angela. That wasn’t the answer Trista wanted as she slid down in her seat.

            When day turned to night it was time for the young warriors to go to bed. Prince Dycoon led them up to the guest quarters were the girls have their own private room and also the guys. The room was like a dream, it was dome shaped with a table filled with food, separate beds with a bathing and dressing room. Trista took her close off and got ready for bed as she put the gown on that fit her size. She laid in bed thinking about what might take place in the forest. Always tempted, she had never actually went into a forest before, close too it was the park and even that freaked her out a little. If it wasn’t for her friends she would have avoid it period. Like the others she went to sleep, hoping tomorrow would never come.

            Trista stood outside the forest, hearing someone calling to her.

            “Trista…Trista…I’m coming for you heehee…”

            “Who are you—what do you want?” she asked.

            “Heehee, I want to play with you Trista,” said the voice. She squinted her eyes, seeing a pair of glowing red eyes staring her down as if looking through her very soul.

            “We’ll meet really soon. Oh I can’t wait Trista…oh how I can’t wait to kill you!” said the voice, changing tones towards the end of its sentence. That caused Trista to wake so quickly, she didn’t realize she was out of her bed. Her was heart pounding rabidly. She wiped her forehead, unable to figure out the meaning behind the dream or if it was just stressed. She recoiled back into the sheets this time taking her longer to fall back to sleep.