nine

word count: 2k

~

'Do you want to hold it?'

Mando looked from the blue blade of the lightsaber and then up to Logan, shaking his head ever so slightly. He was leaning on the wall of the hull, his arms crossed over his chest and an intrigued stare, though Logan couldn't tell.

He had been watching her practice for the past hour, just swinging her lightsaber around. He was also grateful she decided to change out of the scraggly old clothes that she had been wearing for almost five days. She was beginning to smell. He gave her a pair of long pants and a shirt to wear, and he apologised for how it looked, seeing as he had taken it from another Bounty Hunter, but she reminded him that it didn't matter what she looked like, as long as she wasn't naked. It was a joke that almost seemed like it landed on deaf ears.

She retracted the blade of the lightsaber and looked at The Child, who was sitting on a box, following her movements with his big brown eyes. Then, she had an idea.

'Let's try something, would you take this please?' She asked and handed the sabre to Mando, not giving him a chance to respond. He looked down at it, letting his thumb run over the black and silver bands on it as he studied it closely.

Logan picked up a small coil from another box before walking over to The Child, stopping only a few feet away.

'Hey Kid, I want you to take this,' she said quietly, resting the coil on her palm.

The Mandalorian stood up taller in astonishment as he watched Logan lift the coil into mid-air before pushing it towards the kid who cooed and reached up for it with both hands. Mando moved to stand next to Logan, glancing at her as she smiled at the kid, but it dropped when he let out a sigh and gave up, quickly taking interest in something on the floor.

As The Child climbed down off of the crate, Logan turned to The Mandalorian, her stare still on the little green creature.

'I don't understand it, you said he was strong with the Force.'

'I said he had powers, I didn't say it was the Force,' Mando defended himself quickly, looking down at her. 'Don't put words in my mouth.

'Don't put words in my mouth,' she mocked in a deep voice, earning a slight nudge as she laughed. 'No, look, it is the Force all right.' She crossed her arms. 'I can sense it. I can try a few other approaches, but I'm not sure if any of them will work... Maybe he has to be provoked?' She suggested.

'Provoked? You mean like attacked?' He asked incredulously.

Logan shook her head. 'No. From what you told me, what he did with that creature... the Mudhorn, that was to defend you. Maybe if who he is attached to is threatened, he might show his powers. But it's going to be a challenge, it's a very dangerous approach and I'm not too sure if it's even ethical. It shall be our last resort.' She decided with a firm nod.

+

The Mandalorian exited the Razor Crest and walked down the ramp, Logan following closely behind him as she looked around at the hanger they were in curiosity. She took note of everyone's heads following them as they walked by.

'Is that you under that bucket?' An old, bearded, and overweight man said as he and Mando approached one another, both of them extending their hands to one another. He looked at Logan and grinned, sending a weird feeling to swirl around her stomach. She didn't trust him.

'Ran,' Mando said and dropped the man's hand.

'Didn't really know if I'd ever see you in these parts again. Good to see you. And who is this, another Bounty Hunter?' The man, Ran, asked and stuck his hand out to Logan. She shook his hand firmly but froze when he brought it to his lips and kissed it.