twenty six

word count: 2.9k

~

Logan sighed and grabbed onto the seat as the cockpit shook beyond all belief as Mando tried his hardest to land the Razor Crest in one piece. They had stopped by Nevarro for some ship repairs that would help them get to Corvus.

Mando and Logan hadn't held a full conversation with each other since he assumed she could read his thoughts, and when she attempted to tell him that she couldn't, he merely walked away to busy himself with other matters. Well, they spoke once, if their small exchange over The Child could even be counted as a conversation.

+

Logan stared at The Child, sitting on her knees as her head hovered near the entrance of the small hatch. The Child was at the other end trying his hardest to move two wires around for Mando, but it was proving to be a difficult task.

'Did he get it?' Mando asked Logan gruffly.

With a small roll of her eyes, she replied, 'Not yet. It's a big task for him, give him a chance.'

Mando walked over and squatted next to Logan, his knee knocking into her side. She shoved him slightly as he forced her to move over so he could also look through the hatch.

'Okay. Did you get the wire out?' He asked, making sure each word was understood by The Child, who turned and looked at him with a confused coo. There was a red and blue wire in each of his hands. 'The Red wire?'

'Huh?' The Child hummed and held up the blue wire.

'No, no, no. No, the red one. Show me the red wire,' Mando repeated, his hand grabbing onto the bottom of the hatch so he could point easily.

The Child looked at his hands and held the red wire up as high as he could.

'Oh! Yes!' Logan cheered as Mando nodded his head.

'Good. Now you're going to put the red wire in the board where the blue wire was, and the blue wire where the red wire was,' Mando told him the instructions carefully. 'Put the red wire, where the blue wire goes, okay?'

Logan looked at him with a dumbfounded look on her face. 'How is he going to remember that?' As if to prove her point, The Child put the blue wire back in the board, except in the same place he had pulled it from.

The Child pulled the wire back out and looked at Mando who shook his head. 'But don't let them touch! You see where you took the blue wire off?' He asked The Child.

The small creature cooed and looked back at the board with a dumbfounded expression. The Child plugged the blue wire back into the board causing Logan and Mando to simultaneously sigh.

'No don't put the blue one back! Put the red one where the blue one was. And put the blue one where the red one was.' Once again, simple instruction, difficult execution.

'I can't believe you're making him do this!' Logan muttered as they both lightly pushed one another to look through the hatch at the same time, Logan's head bouncing off of his helmet a couple of times.

'Why can't you do it with your magic then?' He asked her, turning his helmet in her direction.

'It's not magic!' She groaned and looked back down at The Child, who had now unplugged both the wires again. When she saw the way he was looking at them both, she grew slightly wide-eyed. 'Be careful!' She warned.

'They're oppositely charged, so keep them away from each other,' Mando said and gestured with his own hands to keep them away. The Child seemed to ignore their words as he cooed and babbled in his language. 'Make sure you keep them apart from... No! Hold them apart,' Mando warned but it was no use, he had put the two wires together.