thirty two

word count: 5.5k

~

Logan hid behind a pillar and slipped into the suit of one of the three refinery guards from one of the transports Cara had overthrown for her, Mayfield and Mando. It stunk like sweat, and it was definitely not her size, but she could make it work.

'Oh my, this guy reeked. His gloves are still wet. Ugh!' Mayfield groaned from his place on the transport ship as he slipped his feet into the boots. Cara rolled her eyes at his voice and waited patiently for the other two to finish getting ready.

Joining them shortly after, Logan twirled around as Mayfield whistled, putting a small smile on her face.

'Don't you pull that off, little miss?' He asked her as she tucked the helmet under her arm and thanked him with a small bow. Mayfield glanced over her shoulder and began laughing. 'Look at this. Oh, the shame. Now, that right there is worth the price of admission.'

Logan turned to her left and watched Mando walk over wearing the same suit as her and Mayfield, the large helmet taking the place of his usual Mandalorian one. He looked ridiculous, and everyone knew it. Logan covered her mouth to hide her small smile as he passed her with a glare.

'Wish I could say it looked good on you, but I'd be lying,' Cara said with a small laugh.

'Just make sure you take out the rooftop gun, or we're never getting out of here,' he said with a heavy grumble, pulling his bag off his shoulder.

'We got you.'

'Take care of this,' he said and passed the bag over to her. It was his Mando suit. 'Keep it safe.'

'I will.'

Logan handed her lightsaber to Cara and smiled widely. She looked down the tunnel to make sure they were still clear and moved over to the transport where Mayfield was waiting for them in the door.

'Hey, guys. Still on the clock,' Logan reminded Mando and Cara as she began climbing into the truck with Mayfield, sliding her helmet on over her head.

'What would they say on Mandalore?' Mayfield questioned Mando as he paused at the mouth of the truck before turning to Cara. 'It's a shame you're not coming' along with us. You got such a sunny disposition. Can't imagine how much fun you are in one of these.'

Logan grabbed him by the collar and pulled him into the truck, away from Cara, who thanked her with a small salute before she disappeared into the shadows. Logan settled into the seat in the middle of the cabin as Mando sat on her right and Mayfield took the spot on her left — The driver's seat.

'What's goin' on here? Power coil, motivator... Oh, there we...' Mayfield hit several buttons and flips. The transportation roared to life and began moving again, putting them back online. 'Ah, there we go. There we go! And we are off.'

They travelled in silence for a short while before Mayfield felt the need to open his mouth again.

'Hey, how's it feel?' He asked Mando, leaning around Logan. 'I mean, c'mon, man, you still get to wear a helmet, right? All right, you know what? I'm takin' this thing off.'

Logan agreed and took her helmet off, placing it on her lap as she muttered, 'I can't see anything.'

'I don't know how you people wear those things. And by 'you people,' I do mean Mandalorians.' Mayfield stopped talking as they passed the first checkpoint. 'Feels better when it's off.'

A man's voice over the comms said, 'Juggernaut Four, you're running hot. Be sure to watch your cargo heat limits and speed.'

'Copy that, Three. We hit a couple of bumps. Thanks for the heads-up.'