twenty three

word count: 1.9k

~

Logan helped Mando the best she could when it came to fixing the cockpit of the Razor Crest, but she mostly observed and passed him items when he needed them. She took up the task of cutting the giant spider up into smaller pieces with her lightsaber so it could be moved off the ship, and that took two hours alone. The process of using both the Force and what little energy she had left, took another hour. By the time she was finished, Mando was already done and waiting for her.

Once they made it back into the cockpit, Logan sat down in her seat in exhaustion.

'Okay, repairs are all done,' Mando said and began flipping switches and pressing buttons. 'Let's see if we can get this thing going once and for all.'

The Razor Crest roared to life and began moving upwards, the cockpit shaking far more than it used to. They had hit several walls on their way upwards, but they eventually managed to fly high into the sky far enough to turn the other jets on and leave the atmosphere of the dangerous ice planet.

Once they were set on course, Mando put the ship in autopilot mode.

'Wake me up if someone shoots at us. Or that door gets sucked off its rails,' he said and settled back into his chair. The Frog Lady croaked in concern as Logan rolled her eyes. 'I'm kidding. If that happened we'd all be dead. Sweet dreams.'

'Mando!' Logan cried out in disbelief as The Mandalorian crossed his arms with a small grin on his face. She shook her head and leaned back in her chair, looking down at her gloved hands. She knew he would save the day in the end, just as he always does.

+

Logan awoke with a small gasp, the sound of a quiet alarm being the source of her startlement. She sat up in confusion and looked at her chair where The Child cooed and rubbed his eyes, clearly having just woken up as well.

She pushed herself to her feet and approached Mando's chair, where he too was just waking up. He flipped several switches, both silencing the alarm and taking it out of auto-pilot. Logan began to take his gloves off as she stared at the ginormous blue planet in front of her.

'Looks like we made it,' she muttered and handed one of the gloves to Mando, who took it and put it on.

'Get ready for landing,' Mando said and put the other glove on before reaching to his left and whacking something. 'Dank farrik! The landing array isn't responding. Without the guidance system, it'll be a manual re-entry. It might get a little choppy.'

As Logan sat down in her seat, placing The Child in her lap, she asked, 'And when was the last time you landed this thing without the guidance system?'

'Never.'

Logan sighed. Just once she wanted something to go right.

'Once we're through the atmosphere, there should be enough fuel to slow us down.'

'If we don't burn to a crisp...' Logan muttered to herself and clipped her belt together, tightening her grip on The Child.

The ship tilted backwards as they began to fall down towards the planet, allowing the weight of the Razor Crest and the gravitational pull of the planet to work together to bring them down. Logan inhaled sharply as the cockpit lit up bright red, a clear indication that they were burning up. The next clue was how hot it grew to be in the cockpit, as beads of water began to roll down the window, and the alarm began to blare again.

'Logan!' Mando grunted. 'Get up here, I need your hands!' Logan unstrapped herself and placed The Child onto the seat quickly, before rushing to Mando's right side, where she grabbed onto the lever he had his hand on. 'This lever needs to stay back.' Logan leaned back and pulled on the lever that fought against her to flip forward. 'Keep it steady, here we go.'