thirty three

word count: 4.1k

~

Logan had taken it relatively easy over the next couple of days, a precaution to preserve her body the best she could for the upcoming battle. Fennec had been nice enough to give her some clothes, which she gratefully accepted. And whilst she was busy buying another robe from a random stall on a random planet, Mando and Boba made their best attempts to convince Bo-Katan and her gang to join them.

They had already captured Doctor Perhsing, the man who had run the test on Grogu a couple of years ago and wished to test on Logan, and taken the imperial ship he was travelling in for their own. It was their secret weapon to get on the Imperial Cruiser. When Doctor Pershing saw Logan, he just about soiled his pants. He truly thought she was just a myth Gideon had created in his own mind to help cope with the loss of The Child. However, this was not the case.

Back on the Imperial ship, they ran through their plan with a holographic diagram of Gideon's light cruiser. Bo-Katan and Logan shared a stiff hello, and she only acknowledged Koska by nodding at her, earning some strange looks from those who didn't know about their tense past.

'This is Moff Gideon's Imperial light cruiser. In the old days, it would carry a crew of several hundred. Now it operates with a tiny fraction of that,' Bo-Katan said as she pointed at several points of the ship.

'Your assessment is misleading,' Doctor Pershing interrupted.

Cara grinned and muttered, 'Oh, great. An objective opinion.'

'This isn't subterfuge. I assure you,' The Doctor reassured with his hands held up to her. They were still cuffed together. Bo-Katan instructed them all to let him speak. 'There's a garrison of dark troopers on board. They abducted the Child.'

Dark Troopers. They were strong, scary and unfortunately most likely in abundance. It scared Logan to think about how many had been created. There was no way a non-Force user would stand a proper fighting chance against them all.

'How many troopers do they have armed in those suits?' Mando asked him.

The Doctor shook his head. 'These are third-generation designs. They are no longer suits. The human inside was the final weakness to be solved. They're droids,' he explained to them, avoiding eye contact with Logan who sat down in front of him with a deep glare.

'Where are they bivouacked?' Bo-Katan asked and pointed at the hologram.

'They're held in cold storage in this cargo bay. They draw too much power to be kept at ready.'

Fennec asked, 'How long to power up?'

'A few minutes, perhaps.'

'Where is the Child being held?' Mando asked.

The Doctor stood up and zoomed about the cruiser hologram. 'This is the brig. He's being held here under armed guard.' It was a small room, but then again, Gorgu was only small himself. Logan's heart ached at the thought of him all alone and handcuffed. He was only a baby.

'Very well. We split into two parties,' Bo-Katan said, but Mando interjected.

'I go alone.'

'Fine.'

Logan looked at Mando and squinted at him. He was either going to do something stupid and out of pocket, or he genuinely had a plan and couldn't risk putting her in harm's way. She knew better than to argue his plans or attempt to change his mind.

'Phase one, Lambda shuttle issues a distress call,' Bo-Katan said. 'Two, we emergency land at the mouth of the fighter launch tube, cutting off any potential interceptors. Koska, Fennec, Logan, Dune and myself disembark with maximum initiative. Once we've neutralised the launch bay, we make our way through these tandem decks in a penetration manoeuvre.'