Surprise

... a guy.

"Ehmmm... Who are you?" He asks, looking at me strangely.

"I could ask you the same question." I cross my arms in front of my chest and huff.

"I'm Howl. Is Redy here?"

"Yes, one moment." I close the door in his face and go to Redy's room.

"REDY! There's a guy called Howl at the door looking for you." I shout thru her door. Not even a second passes and she swings it open.

"What is he doing here?" She asks more herself than me. I just follow her back to the front door almost like a bodyguard. Redy opens the door to this strange guy.

"What are you doing here Howl?" Redy crosses her arms, clearly not wanting him here.

"You haven't heard from your sister by any chance? She hasn't come home yet." He gives me bad vibes. I don't know why. But he's something off about him.

"I don't know where she is. Anything else?" Redy's definitely annoyed by his presence. He only shakes his head 'no' and leaves.

"Who was that?" I ask my room mate, already knowing the answer.

"My sister's useless boyfriend." The girl sighs, plopping down on the sofa.

"You don't seem to like him much, huh?" I question jokingly.

"I hate his guts. He's such an asshole. I don't understand how they are still a thing."

"Well, what did he do? He wasn't so bad just now."

"He is always out, clubbing, flirting with other girls in front of my sister. I don't know if he ever cheated on her but I wouldn't be surprised if he did."

"Why doesn't she break up with him then?"

"I don't know. I've told her so many times now that he's no good but she doesn't listen. I guess because they've been a couple since high-school it's difficult for her to end things so easily."

"Hmm... makes sense. He's become like a habit to her. I see." We are ripped out of our talk when the door rings for the second time.

"Let's hope it's the food this time." I joke standing up to open the door. And we are lucky. It is actually the takeout. "By the way, what did you order? Because this is heavy."

"Let me help you with that." Redy takes some of the bags and places them on our dining table. "I ordered fried chicken and Kimbap." The both of us sit down and start eating, talking about different topics.

"Soooo, I've heard you have a date tomorrow with Tatter." Redy nudges me lightly, winking at me.

"It's not a date. We are going out as friends. Besides how do you know?" I take a sip from my sprite.

"I have my ways." She shrugs smugly. "But, and this is only my opinion, I think she might have a crush on you. A small one."

"oh."

"Don't worry. Tatter has a crush on everybody at some point. She had one on Harimu, on Lusher and even on my sister. But it only lasts maybe a week. Then she'll have a crush on someone new again."

"So I don't have to tell her I don't see her that way. Thank god. Cause I can't do rejections. Let alone say no." I sigh relieved.

"You're not into girls are you?" Redy looks at me knowingly.

"I don't think so, no. But I've never actually been in love with anyone, so I don't really know."

"You've never been in love? Never?"