Ache

Today's the day. Audrey is going back home. We are currently on the subway, heading to the airport. These past two days just went by too quickly. 

"I don't want you to leave Rey." I lay my head on her shoulder. 

"I don't want to leave either, but I have to." She lays her head on top of mine. After a few minutes we reach the airport. 

"Do you have everything? You didn't forget anything?" I ask for the millionth time.

"Yes, Eddy. I'm sure I have everything. Don't worry." We walk to her gate and I can sense the tears forming. "Promise to keep me updated on everything. Especially the whole Bada situation." Yesterday when the two of us were out I told her about the entire lift incident. 

"Promise. Although I doubt anything further will happen. I really don't want to see her ever again."

"Don't say such things Edeline." She cups my face and looks into my eyes. "I'm sure everything will turn around for the better." 

"And you promise to call or text as soon as you land." I hold out my pinky. 

"Promise." She intertwines our pinkies. 

"Flight 395 to London Heathrow. Boarding starts now." The voice over the intercom speaks. We embrace one last time, both now full on crying. I let go of Audrey and push her towards boarding. I move myself to stand at the large windows, looking at the plane. It is currently 5pm and the sky is getting darker by the minute. One can tell winter is around the corner. 30 minutes pass and the plane makes its way to take off. After the plane has lifted off I slowly make my way back home. Rey I already miss you. You've only been gone for an hour now and I want you back. 

I exit the lift and get my keys out, when I hear light sobs. Confused by the sound I look around and see none other than Bada sitting in front Redy and my flat. 

"Bada? Are you alright?" I approach the older, my voice laced with concern. She looks up at me and shakes her head. Next to her is a packed bag. Oh, no. I can imagine what happened. I crouch in front of her. "Hey, hey. It's alright. Come. Let's go inside." I glance at her empathetic, taking her bag in my hands. WOW. It's heavy. I unlock the door and let the both of us in. My best guess is, Redy is out and Bada didn't know where to go. I guide the tall girl to the couch and settle her down. 

"I didn't know you lived here." She says between sobs.

"I guess Redy never mentioned she had a roommate then." I chuckle, trying to lighten the mood. Which clearly didn't work. "I'll get you some water." I head to the kitchen and pour a glass of water, returning to the living room.

"Thanks." Bada takes the glass from my hands. 

"Do you want to tell me what happened or do you just need a shoulder to cry on?" I sit down next to her, quite worried. 

"I... I feel so stupid." Bada mumbles, hitting her head on my shoulder repeatedly. 

"Don't say that. Don't say that." I hold her by the shoulders, looking her in the eyes. They are filled with sadness and heartbreak. I don't think I've ever seen so much pain before. Before I can get another sentence out, she bursts out in more tears. I wrap my arms around her body and pull her head into the crock of my neck. Slowly I start rubbing her back in a circular motion. 

"It's alright. Let it all out." We stay like this for a good hour. Just me soothing her, rubbing her back and humming a tune to calm her down. The older eventually stops crying. "Feel any better now?" 

"Yeah. Thanks." She pulls away wiping the remaining tears with her sleeves. "I must look pretty pathetic right now." Bada lets out a small chuckle. 

"No, not at all. It is completely fine and natural to cry when one is upset."