//call five//

januari 10, 2015 05:32 am

harry's pov

in london, there are over four thousand lauren's. three hundred fifty-one of them are between sixteen and twenty-four years old. a hundred and two of them regularly smoke. why didn't he know anything else about her? he thought, as he rubbed his fingers against his temples. he had already called over fifty lauren's today and he still hadn't found her. "fifty two more to go, harry." he whispered to himself, as he poured the last bit of alcohol down his throat.

"hi this, is lauren." a voice spoke. he immediately knew it wasn't her, the voice sounded raspy and cold hearted. you can tell a lot about someone of the way they speak, harry knew by now. people are not particularly happy when a stranger calls them at half past six in the morning. "sorry, wrong number." he quickly said as he disconnected the call. he threw his phone on his bed and angerly opened his leather bag, searching for his cigarettes. he didn't smoke that often, but in times like these, when he was tired and stressed and most importantly, incredibly annoyed, he didn't want anything else then to feel smoke fill his lungs.

as he sat on his bed, parts of his cigarette slowly falling on the ground, he took of his shoes and rubbed his feet against the cold metal of his bed. scars on his feet, but more on his arms. he thought about how the sun shone brightly, about her laugh, about the sad faces walking down streets, about emptiness. he knew his thoughts didn't make any sense at all, but he didn't mind.

number fifty-four, he thought by himself, as he pressed the next number in his phone.

ring

ring

ring

"hi?"

he could hear her shifting in her bed as she yawned. "who is this?"

his heart skipped a beat as he tried to breathe. "lauren? is that you?" he whispered after a long pause. he could hear her taking in a sharp breath. "harry?"

they could both hear each other smile through their phones.

"you finally found me."

not edited, kind of a filler, but i hope you do like harry's thoughts. hope it doesn't affect you too much x