Chapter 2: Beyond the Door: A Hellish Friendship

As ten years passed, the circus had transformed into one of the most sought-after spectacles in the realms of hell. At the age of 17, Fizz had become one of its star attractions, drawing the attention and admiration of everyone.

Within the circus, everyone relied on him for performances, recognizing his years of dedication and hard work. Despite his growing fame, Fizz never lost sight of his dearest friends, Blitzo and Emmy. He faithfully kept Emmy's secret.

He had been talking to her for the last 10 years. And those 10 years had been the most cherished moments of his life with Emmy, even though he couldn't see her face.

It was another bustling day at the circus as they prepared for tomorrow's show. Fizz was on the verge of leaving when he heard Blitzo calling out to him. "Hey Fizz, where are you headed?" Startled, Fizz turned around and stammered, "Oh, I was just planning to take a midnight stroll." Blitzo looked at him with a knowing expression, aware that Fizz often disappeared every night, clueless about his whereabouts.

However, Blitzo didn't want to intrude on his best friend's privacy, so he decided to let it go. He changed the subject and exclaimed, "Well, you're not gonna Fucking believe what my mom got us!" Curious, Fizz asked, "What is it?" Blitzo grinned mischievously, "My mom got us two tickets for Mammon's concert this weekend." Fizz's eyes widened in shock and joy. "WHAT!" he yelled with excitement. "No fucking way, Mammon's tickets cost a fortune. How the hell did she get these?" Blitzo shrugged, replying, "I have no idea. She said that she found a way." He continued, "But who cares about that, we're going to see Mammon in the flesh!" Fizz echoed his enthusiasm, "Hell yeah!" He examined the ticket and then mused, "I wish there were three tickets." Fizz smiled to himself, realizing that he had spoken his thoughts aloud without thinking. Blitzo, a bit puzzled, asked, "Three? Who's the third for?" Fizz quickly snapped back to reality and tried to cover up, "Oh... I mean, you know, for Barbie Wire." He knew it was a weak excuse because Barbie Wire didn't particularly like Mammon. Sensing Fizz's unease, Blitzo decided not to press the issue further and changed the subject, "Oh, look at the time. I better take my midnight walk then, hehehe. See you later, Blitzo." Fizz said to Blitzo. He wanted to inquire about Fizz's mysterious nightly outings, but before he could, Fizz had already vanished out of sight. He had no idea where Fizz went every night, but he didn't want to betray Fizz's trust, so he decided to return to the tent and get ready for the upcoming weekend, which promised to be the best of their lives.

Fizz reached the house without encountering any trouble. Over the years, he and Emmy had developed a special bond, and they had given each other nicknames as a way to identify each other. Fizz affectionately referred to Emmy as "Songbird" due to her enchanting voice, and in return, Emmy called him "Jester" because of his talent for tricks and jokes. These nicknames had become symbols of their unique friendship.

Fizz stood in front of the door and rapped on it three times. "Hey, Songbird, It's me," Fizz called out to his friend. Emmy heard his familiar voice and replied softly, "Jester."

"Hey, Emmy, sorry for the delay. Were you waiting long?" Fizz asked as he as he sat by the door. Emmy reassured him, "Not really. My mom is in town for a business meeting, so I have the house to myself tonight."

Fizz grinned and said, "Perfect, because I've got some big news to tell you." He settled by the door and continued, "Remember I told you about my role model Mammon?" Fizz began, excitement in his voice. Emmy thought for a moment and replied, "You mean one of the deadly sins that you told me about?" Then realization hit her, and she connected the dots, saying, "Wait, did you get news about Mammon? That's the reason you were late, wasn't it?"

Fizz chuckled and nodded, saying, "Yep, spot on as always." Emmy's curiosity was piqued, and she implored, "Well, tell me!"

Fizz smiled at her enthusiasm and teased, "I could tell you, or I could keep you in suspense." Emmy playfully pouted in response. "Oh, come on, Fizz, please tell me with cherries on top."