Chapter 15: Ozzie's: The Amazing & Unexpected Show

It was just another day in the city of lust, and for Fizz, it seemed like the same old routine. However, this day held the promise of something different – it was Azura's first day working at Ozzie's, and she would also be staying under the same roof with Ozzie and Fizz himself. While Ozzie's home had hosted many demons before, it was usually for the wild sex parties that lasted a week. Ozzie was known for spicing up these gatherings, but today felt different.

As Fizz lay on the couch in Ozzie's living room, he couldn't shake the feeling of anxiety about Azura. She remained an enigma to him, ever since the first time he laid eyes on her on that stage. She was undeniably the most beautiful creature he had ever seen, capturing his gaze effortlessly. Initially, he believed it was merely the mesmerizing performance that left him in awe. However, everything changed when he had a dream about her, leaving him to ponder the deeper mysteries surrounding her existence.

At last, Fizz had the opportunity to meet her face to face during the meeting. Contrary to the captivating performer on stage, he was surprised to find Azura's off-stage personality to be rather different. She seemed emotionless, with a hint of attitude. Although Fizz perceived her demeanor as somewhat rude, he refrained from passing judgment, understanding that she likely had to maintain a certain image for her boss. Perhaps it was just an off day for her, especially after completing an errand for her boss, whatever it may have entailed.

"Hey Fizz, you around?" Ozzie's voice cut through the room as he searched for him. Fizz opened his eyes, stretching his left hand to signal his location on the couch. With a casual thumbs-up, he replied, "Over here, Oz." Ozzie made his way to Fizz, standing over him. "There you are. I was looking for you," Ozzie remarked. "Why aren't you ready? Don't you know what day it is?" Fizz looked up at Ozzie, responding, "I know what day it is, Ozzie. I was just taking a moment to rest, that's all."

Ozzie smiled, taking a seat in his own blue cushioned chair positioned across from the couch. "Oh, I see. You're anxious about her coming to stay here," he observed. At the mention of anxiety, Fizz abruptly stood up, shooting Ozzie a disgruntled look. "No, I'm not. Are you ever going to let that go?" Fizz retorted. "Not for a while, at least," Ozzie replied smugly. Fizz, now sulking with crossed arms and a sour expression, sank into the chair.

Ozzie chuckled, "Oh, come on, Fizzy. You know what I'm like when it comes to joking around. It's the first time I've seen you react this way." Fizz sighed, admitting, "Yeah, well, I don't know why I'm like this."

Ozzie then said, "Can't help you there, hehehe." Annoyed with Ozzie's teasing, Fizz decided to shift the conversation to something that had been bothering him.

"Anyway, meeting Azura's manager was surprising, to say the least. I knew she had a manager – I mean, everyone does in this business – but I've never met anyone who was nice, old-fashioned, and strange at the same time. Not only that, he's a powerful sinner to boot. I've seen and met sinners before in the pride ring, but I hardly thought I'd meet one here in the lust ring. It's a rarity to see one here at all. I thought they weren't allowed to leave the pride ring."

"It's not that they aren't allowed to leave," Ozzie corrected him. "It's because they're unable to leave." Fizz looked at Ozzie with a puzzled expression. "How come?" Ozzie met Fizz's gaze and replied, "Because of the barrier that's over the Pride Ring."

"Barrier?" Fizz questioned in confusion. "I didn't see any barrier when we were there. How come I'm just hearing about it now?" Ozzie chuckled at Fizz, who was dumbfounded by this revelation, and began to explain, "Many centuries ago, when the three worlds came to be, all of us had to live in the worlds we belonged to: Earth for mortal humans, Hell for monstrous demons, and Heaven for holy angels. We were meant to embody the symbols of our respective realms. However, some of us couldn't conform to these molds. Angels like Lucifer, myself, and the rest of the Deadly Sins desired more. Lucifer approached God himself, seeking change, but God dismissed the idea, foolishly maintaining the status quo. Many of us grew weary of the 'holier-than-thou' act, and some angels lost their minds, venturing into the mortal realm to wreak havoc for the thrill of it. Some would pull pranks causing conflicts among humans, while others, intrigued by human society, posed as gods or indulged in human desires without consequences."