Chapter 5: An Offer that Leads To Joy and Despair

Fizz couldn't believe his eyes as he stared at Mammon's limo parked at the circus. A realization hit him like a ton of bricks: if Mammon's limo was here, then Mammon himself must be nearby. But why? Without wasting a moment, Fizz sprinted through the circus grounds in search of Blitzo.

He finally found Blitzo in a storage tent, where Blitzo was busy moving boxes filled with old costumes. Fizz rushed up to him, panting and wide-eyed. Blitzo set down a box and raised an eyebrow, asking, "Hey, Fizz, what's got you so out of breath?"

Fizz gasped for air before responding, "Blitzo, you won't believe what I just saw."

Blitzo leaned in with curiosity, urging Fizz to spill the beans. Fizz took a step back and said, "Blitzo, there's a-"

Before he could finish, a voice called out, "Fizz." They both turned to see Buckzo approaching with a grin. Buckzo spoke, "I found you, Fizz. There's someone here who wants to speak with you."

Fizz was intrigued, asking, "Really? Who could that be?"

Buckzo grabbed Fizz's arm and started to drag him away urgently, saying, "No time to explain now. We need to go, and we don't want to keep him waiting."

Blitzo couldn't interject before Fizz was whisked away into a private tent. Buckzo explained, "Apologies for the wait, your highness. Here he is."

Fizz was in disbelief, thinking that this couldn't be real. He even shook his head to make sure he wasn't dreaming. But the truth was undeniable. Standing before him was the Greed Prince Mammon.

Fizz was awestruck, wondering why Mammon was here and what his intentions were. Mammon approached Fizz, towering over him. Fizz couldn't help but think, "Wow, he's much taller than I remembered."

He bowed until their eyes met.

"Y-your H-highness," Fizz stuttered, struggling to contain his inner fanboy.

Mammon flashed him a charming smile and said, "Please, no need to be nervous, kid."

Fizz regained his composure and inquired, "R-right... Sorry if this is rude, but what are you doing here?"

Mammon's laughter filled the tent, and he chuckled heartily. "Hahahaha, Fizz, I knew you were talented on stage, but I never thought you'd be funny too. A performer and a comedian—those are hard to find these days."

Fizz blushed with a mixture of embarrassment and relief, thankful that Mammon hadn't taken offense. Still, he was eager to know more, so he pressed on, "So... what brings you here today?"

Mammon chuckled and praised Fizz's humor, stating, "You've got some comedic talent, kid. A performer and a comedian—those are hard to find."

Fizz blushed but was relieved that Mammon didn't take offense. He finally mustered the courage to inquire, "So, what do I owe the honor of your visit?"

Mammon began to explain, "Well, you see, back at the concert, I was quite impressed with you. So, I came to see one of your shows, and it was truly fantastic. Your talent is exactly what I need for my shows. I want you, Fizzarolli, to become the star of my shows. With my help, you'll be adored by all, your face on billboards, merchandise, alongside me. You'll become the most famous and richest imp in Hell. What do you say? Do we have a deal?"

Fizz was left speechless by the offer. Mammon had not only come to see his show but was now asking him to become a part of his performances. Fizz couldn't believe it. He envisioned himself on a grand stage, basking in the adoration of a massive audience, all alongside Mammon. It was a dream come true.

However, thoughts of Blitzo and Emmy crept into Fizz's mind. Emmy would have no one to talk to if he left, and Blitzo had always been by his side throughout the shows. Having Blitzo absent wouldn't feel right. But he couldn't help himself from asking, "Wait... What about Blitzo?"

Mammon and Buckzo exchanged a look, and Fizz continued, "I mean, don't you mean me and Blitzo?"

Mammon's voice held no sympathy as he replied, "Sorry, kid, but this offer is for one person only, and that's you."

Fizz cast his gaze downwards, a profound sense of hurt washing over him as he grappled with the implications of accepting Mammon's offer. The thought that he might never perform with his best friend Blitzo again weighed heavily on his heart, but he couldn't bring himself to leave his friend behind. Fizz took a deep breath and spoke with unwavering determination, "I'm truly honored by your offer... But I have to decline."

Mammon's shock was palpable. In a realm where imps would give anything to work alongside him, this imp had turned down his deal. Buckzo, on the other hand, began to sweat, fearing Mammon's wrath. He managed a nervous smile and chimed in, "Now, now, Fizz, take a moment to think this through, my boy."

Turning to Mammon, Buckzo continued, "Please, Your Majesty, forgive the boy. He's still young and—"

Mammon maintained his charming smile and interjected, "It's perfectly understandable. Perhaps you need some time to reconsider. I am a patient man, after all. I'll return in one month to hear your final decision regarding my offer."

Relief washed over Buckzo as he realized that Mammon wasn't infuriated. "Does that sound fair?" Mammon asked, but before Fizz could respond, Buckzo hastily jumped in, "Yes, Your Highness, that sounds exceedingly fair. Thank you."

"Excellent. Then I shall take my leave," Mammon announced, beginning to exit the tent. However, just before he was fully gone, he turned to Fizz with a friendly tone and said, "I hope you change your mind, Fizz. If you ever want to talk, I'll be waiting for your call."

With Mammon gone, Fizz and Buckzo remained alone in the tent. Buckzo, filled with fury, slapped Fizz on the back of his head. "What the Fuck was that? Do you even realize who you just said no to?" he shouted. "You had the opportunity of a lifetime with a Demon Prince, and you turned it down?"

"That shitbag will only slow you down. You're better off without him," Buckzo spat out, displaying his contempt for Blitzo. Fizz had had enough of Buckzo's terrible treatment of his friend.

Fury surged through Fizz, and he snapped back, his voice laced with anger, "Shut the fuck up! How could you treat your own son like a pile of shit? Blitzo never held me back. I won't change my mind, and I'll never go through with this without him."

Fizz stormed away from Buckzo, who continued to shout angrily for him to come back. As Fizz walked away, his anger began to morph into sadness. He knew there was only one person he could confide in now, and that was Emmy.