Chapter 14: The Deal at The Lagoon

As the rain lightly purred down over the luminescence of the Lust Ring, Ozzie and Fizzarolli arrived at their destination, the 'Sexy Lagoon club.' Exiting the blue limo, they were greeted by the club still maintaining its mysterious atmosphere. Although closing for the night, fueled by ambition, Ozzie and Fizz were there for one reason: to strike a deal with the enigmatic Azura Tempest, the blue beauty, and convince her to become co-stars at Ozzie's club.

Standing before the club entrance, they observed that the sign, which once glowed brilliantly, now lay dormant. Given the late hour, the dimming of the sign was not unexpected. They proceeded to enter the club, finding only two individuals still present. A bartender diligently cleaned up the glasses left behind by departing guests, and a waitress, recognizable as the same one who had served them on their prior visit.

Ozzie and Fizz exchanged glances before confidently approaching the waitress. She greeted Ozzie with a smile, "Evening, Asmodeus, sir." Ozzie responded with his characteristic charm, "Evening, Baby. My business partner and I are here for a meeting with Azura Tempest."

"Oh yes, he's been expecting you," she replied. Fizz, puzzled by the reference to "he," questioned, "He? We're here to meet Azura. Who is this 'he'?" The mystery deepened, but before they could gather more information, a mysterious and eerie voice resonated, saying, "That would be me." The voice possessed an unsettling quality that sent shivers down Fizz's spine, signaling an air of sinister anticipation.

As they turned toward the source of the voice, a man dressed entirely in black stood before them. Ozzie and Fizz exchanged puzzled glances, taking in every detail of the peculiar figure. The man's attire was distinctive, featuring a black top hat, pants, and boots. A long cape with a collar stood up, concealing an old Victorian-era coat—short in the front and long at the back. Notably, he wore black gloves and held a cane with a silver crow head on top. While his fashion sense leaned toward the old-fashioned, it undoubtedly exuded an intimidating aura, which intrigued Ozzie and Fizz. However, his appearance eclipsed the eccentricity of his clothing.

Upon closer inspection, they saw that the man's face resembled that of a decaying human from centuries past

Upon closer inspection, they saw that the man's face resembled that of a decaying human from centuries past. It was a stark departure from the typical demons and imps they encountered, marking this mysterious figure as a sinner who had lived long ago. Though they had faced many sinners before, none matched the eerie visage of this peculiar individual. The man's glowing red eyes locked onto them, and he offered a smile as he gracefully bowed. Raising his head, he greeted them, "Welcome, Asmodeus and Fizzarolli. I have been anticipating your arrival."

The sinner stood back up, maintaining his smile as both Ozzie and Fizzarolli remained uncertain about what to think. Fizz broke the silence with a straightforward question, "Uh, right. Sorry if this sounds rude, but who the fuck are you?" Ozzie shot Fizz a warning look and said, "Fizz?" with an air of disapproval. Fizz retorted, "What?" The tension between them broke when they heard laughter emanating from the mysterious man in front of them.