The Forest

" Minnara I think we're going in circles,we've past this tree before I'm certain of it. "

I sighed stopping to face Shadowheart. I was exhausted and my agitation grew the longer we wondered these woodlands.

"That's because all these fucking trees look the same. Why don't we make camp since we're not going to accomplish much more for today. I need to rest, I'm starving and I'm worn out." I huffed out wiping my sweat slick brow.

We found a good spot to camp and Shadowheart and I dumped out our camping supplies onto the ground.

"I'll gather us some firewood while you set out the bedrolls." Shadowheart said as she started heading towards to treeline at the edge of the camp.

"Don't wonder too far and be careful." I said in response

She smiled at my mothering. I watched her disappear into the thick of the woods while I was left to organize the sleeping area.

It hadn't taken me long to lay out both of our bedrolls and dig a pit for the fire.

I found myself sitting on my bedroll watching the woods for Shadowheart's return. I was getting nervous the darker the sky got without any sign of her return.

I decided that if she wasn't back in the next half hour I'd go searching for her myself.

I figured I could lay down to rest my aching feet a few moments if I was going to need to go rescue my friend.

My eyes felt heavy as exhaustion caught up with me and I wasn't able to fight it as sleep took over,pulling me into unconsciousness.