Lavender and Lust

The water of the lake was calm and looked very inviting.

I sighed in anticipation of washing the sweat and dirt of today's adventure from my skin. I started quickly peeling my armour off,setting it gently down by the water's edge.

Astarion, I noticed out of the corner of my eye was taking off his armor as well. He managed most of it alone but seemed to be struggling with getting his bloodied shirt off with his injury.I stopped undressing to go offer him my assistance.

When I was standing in front of him I asked him softly," May I?"

He started to protest, but decided that he did in fact require my help.He sighed in defeat as he answered me." Please."

I was glad that he decided to let me help him.As I stepped in closer to him his hot,hungry eyes moved over me, taking in my own state of undress.

I was standing before him in just my underwear and bra. I fought the excited shiver that danced along my skin as a result of his rapt attention on my body.

"You're beautiful." Astarion lamented before meeting my eyes again. He smiled as a blush pinkened my cheeks under his praise.

I didn't want to admit to him that his words affected me so deeply,but they had.

I have always struggled with accepting myself, with so many scars and blemishes on my body from the hard life I've lived. I wasn't a polished or proper lady,one wearing corsets and puffy skirts.

I was a warrior and my body was a reflection of my victories against my many enemies.

It was hard to fight the memories of my past lovers and their cruel remarks made about my body. I'd been admonished for not being feminine enough. My muscles were too big, I had too many scars,my skin wasn't smooth enough, I never wore any makeup and my hands were too callused.

On the other side of things I'd been told that I was too curvy. That I should be striving to have a tiny waist. It seemed no matter what, I wasn't enough.

Somehow infront of this male,I wasn't living my past, he was making my experience lovely. He seemed to truly admire my strength, he didn't judge me about my scars or other imperfections. He also seemed to think I was woman enough for his enjoyment.

Shadowheart just may be right about Astarion. It was easy to lie with words but you couldn't hide the way your body responded to someone. I knew Astarion was being sincere with his sweet words.

I felt the truth of his words as he contined to watch me like a man desperate for my affection.

He was making this nearly impossible to not fall for him. I wanted to harden my heart against him due to my past experiences but Astarion deserved complete honesty and honestly I wanted to see how far whatever this was between us could go. Was I terrified? absolutely,but I was willing to give him a chance that I didn't give easily to anyone. I just hoped he'd live up to my expectation and not destroy me.

I reached to lightly touch the front of his shirt. Marvelling at the delicate ivory buttons and the rich feel of his silk shirt.This had to be expensive since it was such high quality.

"It's a shame that this is ruined. It had to be expensive right?" I asked him as I started nimbly working the buttons loose.

Astarion shrugged seemingly unbothered by the current state of his clothing. He was too focused on my hands as I loosened the buttons of his shirt.

His breathing hitched when I accidently brushed against his bare stomach. His shirt now fully open.

"Sorry." I told him softly, fighting the moan that threatened to escape at the sight of his bare chest.