Pride and Promises

I awoke with a yawn. Rubbing sleep from my eyes, I sat up to stretch out the aches in my limbs.

Roughing it had never been my thing. I preferred the comfort of a soft mattress and silk sheets sliding over bare skin.

I caught movement on my left and looked over to find Shadowheart and Astarion sitting on the log I had pulled by the fire yesterday.

Astarion was quick to notice me looking and raised his head offering me a sweet smile. He was stoking the fire with a stick as Shadowheart was making some tea in a kettle that was resting on a makeshift platform over the flames.

Shadowheart didn't bother looking up from her task as she said," Good morning, did you sleep well?"

I fought not to blush under Astarion's gaze as he continued watching me.

" Uh..yes I did actually." I answered Shadowheart unable to look away from the beautiful vampire either.

He still wasn't wearing a shirt, his curls were more wild this morning, but he looked revitalized. The dark circles that had been under his eyes last night were gone and he had a healthy flush now on his pale cheeks.

"Do vampires sleep too?" I asked him curiously as I came over to sit with them both.

Astarion made room for me between Shadowheart and himself as he pondered how to answer my question.

Shadowheart's own interest was piqued and she looked over to him waiting for his answer as well.

"Vampires can sleep, but only if we choose to do so," he finally answered. "We don't require sleep for our survival, and our bodies don't get tired like yours do. But if we choose to rest, then we can."

He expression became more pensive.

"It's different for every one of us, though," he added after a moment. "I personally enjoy a nice, warm sleep. But I know others who never take a moment to relax."

Shadowheart seemed satisfied with that response and went back to her tea preparation.

I fought the urge to touch Astarion again,his proximity was making my heart speed up. It wasn't any help to still be so frustratingly aroused. I needed to address that problem soon.

I gave Astarion a small smile of my own before telling him," I hope you got some rest last night then. "

Shadowheart chuckled finding interest in the careful way we were speaking to eachother this morning."So you didn't take my advice and fuck him, did you?"

I groaned as Astarion's eyes widened at her bluntness.

"How is that any of your business?" I muttered. Although her words made it so I wasn't able to meet Astarion's eyes immediately afterwards.

Seeing me being so flustered,Astarion surprised me by speaking up.I watched him grin at Shadowheart as he told her,"I can assure you that I thoroughly enjoyed your beautiful friend last night. I will be honored to partake again one night soon if she desires it."

When he winked at me I blushed even harder.

Shadowheart narrowed her eyes at him before turning her attention to me. She shrugged, handing over a mug of tea that she'd poured me,"I just don't want you two being distracted while we're out here. I had hoped you'd get it out of your systems last night but the way you've been ogling eachother this morning convinces me differently. We have more important things to be doing out here."

"I am well aware of that!" I growled at her,"Whether or not I chose to fuck him last night or any night in the future for that matter, well it isn't your business. Shut up about it please could you."