Devils and Devotion

" You're awake, good the master is an impatient man, he wants to see you right away, get up. We will prepare you for him. " said a soft feminine voice

I groaned as I slowly sat myself up.  My head spun and I had to fight the wave of nausea that wracked my body. "What did you guys do to me? Why am I so dizzy?"

" Humanoids don't handle dimensional shifts well. Your bodies and minds are weak. Master says you've been changed, had your powers diminished. "

I focused on the voice and couldn't hide my shock from my expression as I met the black eyes of the horned creature at the side of the bed I had awoken on.

" I'm Zaba, master assigned me to your care. Please mistress we mustn't dawdle, I do not wish to earn master's ire." The small creature was nervous I realized.

Her master must not be a kind one.  It made me feel for the creature.

"I'm sorry Zaba but I'm fine as I am you can take me to your master now."

"Heavens no. No no you cannot go before the master like this," the creature shook her horned head at me dismayed," He will be most displeased. He likes you in the pretty purple dresses, he'll want your hair done and he'll desire for you to wear his jewels once more. "

" Zaba what are you talking about? I've never met your master before." I fought not to groan as my head throbbed.  " This is crazy, just tell me where are we? What is this place?"

Zaba started fidgeting with the clasps of my armour,ignoring my questions.

I was feeling really uneasy with this whole situation but I'd be damned if I was going to go into this blind. " Zaba please tell me? Where am I? Who is your master and what the hells does he want with me?"

I heard a rich male voice answer instead," Zaba knows better than to speak about my business. Leave us Zaba."

Zaba practically ran from the room.  I was left to face the handsome man who had stepped into the room. He was impeccably dressed. He wore a tailored white silk shirt tucked into a pair of charcoal grey dress pants. His dress shoes were polished to a high shine. He didn't bother with a tie, the top buttons of his shirt were undone showing off the long tanned column of his muscular neck. His black hair  flowed down past his large shoulders. His red eyes glowed as he looked me over.

Something in the way he looked at me had my body stirring with awareness.

I struggled to put a name to his face. 

He didn't seem to take any notice of my inner conflict as he told me, "Sweetheart you are a vision. I've missed you."

I narrowed my eyes at the man, I had no recollection of who he was but he seemed to know me well enough.  His was a face you couldn't easily forget. He was also being very personal with his words. He was acting like we were intimately familiar with eachother.

" I am not your sweetheart, I don't even know you. What game are you playing right now? Where are we and why am I here?"

He placed a hand over his heart, frowning at me, " You wound me.I cannot say I'm not surprised they'd make you forget me. They truly believed they could hide you away from me forever but you are mine and I'll always find you.  I will help you remember. Come here."

I was terrified when my body started fighting against me. His command had me standing and walking towards him without my control.

When I was within arms reach of him he pulled me up against his muscled chest gripping my right wrist painfully. I was barely breathing, I was terrified over my inability to fight against him.