Chapter 9 -Silence Spell & Selfish 🖤

3rd Person (P.O.V)

After Harlow and Edward left, the Cullen household was a somber atmosphere. Lucky for Jasper Whitlock with the ring on his finger it was bearable, especially with some of the mood coming from himself as he was a soldier.

To hear that his new sister in law was a child soldier and the leader of a resistance with other children soldiers. He was angry at the adults that had been in her life that left her and other school children to solve their problems.

"Jaz are you alright?". Alice asked somberly, he didn't look like he was in pain like he would have been in the past but she notice his hand clenching into a fist.

"I'm not sure, I'm barely able to feel anyone else's emotions but my own and right now I'm very angry Darling". Jasper said looking at his mate. The few memories he has of his human life was probably the last time he had to deal with his own emotions.

"I don't think your the only one Jaz, the whole family's angry on Harlow's behalf. She's now a part of our family and we have to make sure we stick together". Alice said as she grabbed both his hands to make sure he wasn't clenching them anymore. Jasper smiled looking down at his mate before leaving a kiss on the side of her forehead.

He didn't have a chance to respond as Rosalie laughter could be heard as she entered the living room with Emmett, following behind her with a notepad in his hand. The bear size vampire pouted as his mate didn't respond, he caught site of Jasper and Alice that he turned to them with the same question that had been written five minutes prior.

"Where is Edward?? I'm not able to talk". The mated couple read before they started chuckling as they remembered how Edward cast a silent spell on their brother again.

"I think he took Harlow home and said something about not being home tonight". Alice said smiling innocently as Emmett eyes widen. He looked at them for a moment before he took off.

The vampires within the house could hear running around and stopping at Edwards bedroom before footsteps were heard going down the stairs and out the front door. Alice had seen her brother making an appearance in Harlow window to find it empty and their brother and sister-in-law nowhere to be found.

"What did you see Alice?". Rosalie asked curiously as she had a smirk on her face.

"Emmett will be back soon. He won't have any luck finding Harlow or Edward, he'll probably be soaking until Edward reverses the spell". Alice said but she was also pouting. She couldn't see anything else as Edward was now a blind spot in her visions.

"It seems Emmett days of antagonizing our brother are probably over with magic in the equation he may now have to think twice if he doesn't want Edward to retaliate". Jasper said smirking as everyone knew Emmett loved to pick on Edward.

The three vampires laughed it had been a while since they felt relaxed and this time it wasn't Jasper manipulating their feelings. It was 30 minutes later a disgruntled Emmett walked into the house sitting on the sofa, fuming as he was still unable to talk and hadn't had any luck in finding his brother and new sister-in-law.

----

Hades sat perched on Edwards shoulder as Harlow had headwig, the four of them ventured out of the manor onto the grounds to do some exploring. They had yet to visit small abandoned village that was some distance from the manor.

Harlow was itching with many questions as to why it was there, but decided to put it to the back of her mind as she knew sooner or later she would explore. She had all the time in the world and wasn't in a hurry. She wanted to make up for loss time with Edward, even though they spend time together, she was selfish enough to want more.

"Ced am I selfish to want you to myself?". Harlow asked not feeling the guilt she would have felt before.

"If you're selfish, then I'm selfish as well even though I couldn't remember you until I got my memories back. I always felt a piece of myself missing even with the few memories I had as a human. The moment I saw you again, you being in my arms I wanted to take you away from school that day and have you all to myself. So to answer your question you are not selfish. Your are allowed to be selfish after everything you sacrifice, and no one can say otherwise not even me". Edward said making her face him. He held her face in his hands, gazing into her beautiful eyes.

"I'm glad to hear that. To be honest Ced I don't feel the guilt I would have felt before". Harlow said smiling before grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the forest. "Let's go we only have a few hours before we have to return home. Daisy is making your favorite tonight". She said giddy as Edward smiled, he enjoyed seeing his mate so free.

The next few hours were spent exploring, as well as gathering a few ingredients for some of their future potions experiments. They were going to have to be careful from here on out until they knew they had a steady supply. Harlow plan on building a few more green houses and taking some of the cuttings from some of the plants she had a less quantities.

They hadn't wandered far from the manor and made the 20 minute walk back. Hades and Hedwig had taking off wanting some of their own alone time. It had made Harlow laugh as she had said something to her loyal friend who had left with a few ruffled feathers.

Harlow felt a bit of a coward as they been spending most of their time in the trunk, but she felt safer in there than in the real world even with all of her magic she still feared losing Edward. She shook her head to get rid of those negative thoughts and chalked it up to just wanting him to herself as she knew she would have to interact a little more with the new people in her life.