Part 12

Rachel: Hey look it's Mal!

Kitty: Hi, Mal! Love my hair, Mal!

(Mal smiles and waves at them)

"Someone's popular..." Hayden nudged Mal and smiled. 

Jay: Are you feeling kinda weird about this? I mean, it's not so bad here, you know.

Several Auradon kids looked shocked. They'd thought that Jay would be the last person to turn their back on the Isle, well, apart from Mal of course.

Mal: Are you insane? Long live evil! You're mean! You're awful! You're bad news! Snap out of it! *Wow! What is wrong with me? What am I saying?*

Uma looked over at Mal shocked at what she was hearing. The daughter of the Mistress of All Evil implying that she didn't want to be evil wasn't something you heard everyday.

Jay: Thanks Mal. I needed that.

Audrey: (talking to Ben and Chad a few lockers down from Mal's) Do you think they actually paid for those?

"Hades, you're not still going about that are you? Grow up for Zeus' sake!" Hayden exclaimed turning to the brunette. Her incessant whining finally tipping him over the edge. Audrey sank low in her seat, blushing.

Jay: (going over to the group of girls) Oh, hello, the name's Jay. You all going to be at the tourney game tonight?

"Jay you're such a flirt." Malaya deadpanned. 

"Aww, jealous are we? You know you're my favourite girl Malay." Jay smirked at her.

Hayden smacked Jay upside the head, "Stay away from my sister."

Girls: (sighing) Yeah!

Jay: Keep a lookout for number eight, all right? Scoring the winning goal.

Girls: (giggling) Okay!

Audrey: She did it to Jane's hair too, and Fairy Godmother's not happy about it. *I really want to ask her to do mine for the coronation.*

"Audrey!" Jane exclaimed. "I told you about my mother in private, why'd you have to go telling everyone about it for?' 

"I'm sorry Jane." Audrey bowed her head. "I didn't mean to tell them, I was just angry in that moment and it came out."

"Audrey, you know I would have done it if you'd asked nicely instead of going behind my back and complaining." Mal told her.

Ben: What's the harm?

Audrey: It's gateway magic! Sure, it starts with the hair. Next thing you know it's the lips, and the legs and the clothes and then everyone looks good and then... where will I be?

Aurora glared at her mother from across the theatre. It was because of her that Audrey was insecure. She offered a small smile to her daughter before remembering why she was angry at her.

Ben: Listen, Audrey...

Audrey: (cutting him off) I will see you at the game after my dress fitting for the coronation, okay?

Ben: Okay.

Audrey: Bye Bennyboo!

"Bennyboo!" The twins mimicked, blowing kisses at their brother. Audrey blushed pink at the embarrassing nickname. 

Ben: Bye.

(Mal creeps up behind Ben to his locker) 

Mal: Hey Bennyboo!