Part 14

Everyone in the theatre sat, fixated on the screen, munching on the popcorn that the Empress had generously provided for them to eat as they watched the Bal date. Mal and Ben themselves had gone bright red and sunk low into their seats as they prepared to relive their first date with all of their family and friends, mentally preparing for the teasing that was headed their way.

The Forest

Ben: Tell me something about yourself that you've never told anyone

"Good luck with that Ben, Mal has things she hasn't told me, she's never tell you anything." Evie said to the Prince, slightly put out by the invasive question he had asked her best friend. 

Mal: Um...*think, Mal, think. What's something not so serious but not stupid? Come on, come on. Oh I know!* My middle name is Bertha 

"Bertha?" Aurora turned to her godmother, "You had a daughter and gave her the middle name Bertha? How could you do that to a child?" 

"It just seems so out of character for The Maleficent to have given her child a somewhat normal name." Philip Senior said in contrast to his wife.

"Yeah, we were fully prepared for her to have been like Mal Draconia or something more out there." Philip Jr. piped in.

"Wait. So you weren't being honest when you told me that?" Ben asked, slightly hurt.

"I didn't lie about my name being Mal Bertha, I just didn't know you as well then to tell you something so secretive. Like Evie said, I have things I haven't even told her yet. I'm sorry if I hurt you Ben but you have to understand, I need to be able to trust you 100%."

"In all honesty, Mal's father chose Bertha. Funnily enough I actually chose Draconia, I liked it more but he had to have some contribution." Maleficent chimed in with a subtle glare in Hades' direction.

Now Olympus seemed confused. They stared at Hades wondering where 'Bertha' had come from. He seemed much more likely to give his child the name Morticia or something like that. This family just got more and more confusing. 

Ben: Bertha? *The Mistress of All Evil gave her daughter the middle name Bertha? What?*

Mal: Yeah, Bertha. Just my mum doing what she does best. Being really, really evil. Mal Bertha. *My middle name alone convinces me that my mother is a sadist*

"Well I don't disagree sweetheart. I am quite sadistic."

"Yeah, just 'quite'." Carlos mumbled under his breath.

Ben: Mine's Florian 

Mal: Florian? *How is his not worse than mine? This is not fair. Damn you mum*

"The princeling has a better middle name than you. This is brilliant, Bertha." Malaya teased Mal.

Ben: Yeah *she does not seem shocked at all*

Mal: How princely. Oh that's almost worse

Ben: I mean you know, it's better than Bertha. *Wait, sh*t, she already said that. Ben what it wrong with you?* But it's still not... oh, watch your foot, yeah. Are you good? *Yes!*

"Ben you are such a dork..." Ari started. Ben groaned, his sisters were doing the twin speak thing again.

"How did you even manage to get through a date with Mal?" Bell continued. The statement made it pretty clear that she wasn't expecting an answer and so Ben just sunk further in his chair.

Mal: Mm-hmm *He's not trying to murder me in this forest is he?*

The theatre burst into laughter.