IV

I never did this. Look in the mirror, I mean. Why would I? 

I had brown hair that graduated into red at the ends. Purple eyes and a purple jacket with black slacks and a white collared shirt. I had never worn clothes like these, and I liked it. I brushed my hair until it shone and braided it. But there was one thing missing...

I took out a piece of paper. It was a piece of paper. I strapped it on my face and smiled. It was just a piece of paper covering my face. It was that simple.

Taking it off and placing it in the pocket of my jacket, I made my bed and decided to explore the garden. Walking down the stairs, I examined the environment. The dining room and kitchen were connected, the kitchen an elegant silver color with a white backsplash. There was even a kitchen island with baskets of apples and bananas. Above the counters, there were black cabinets.

In the dining room, the chairs were comfortable wooden ones, a cushion also sitting on the chair. The dining table had a nice orange tablecloth, I guess to match the coming of fall. Connecting to the dining room, a few yards away was the living room, which was basically a couple of couches with a TV on the wall facing them. The couches were white with gray cushions with a golden pattern woven on them. The floor was carpeted with a royal blue, while the kitchen and dining room remained a black tile.

There was a small area which was dedicated to entering and leaving the house, with black tile and a doormat. A pair of boots, one pair of sneakers, japanese sandals, and a pair of kiddie shoes were laying there.

I walked through the kitchen. It was oddly quiet, for some reason. Maybe Tommy was having his naptime. I opened the door at the end of the kitchen and saw a fork in the path. Two doors.

I opened one, and it led to an office. "Where is everyone, Mr. Minecraft?" I asked.

"Oh... I forced Wilbur to play with the neighbor kid, Techno's in his room, and Tommy's taking a nap. Do you need anything?"

"No thank you, Mr. Minecraft."

I closed the door and opened the other door. It led to the garden. I stepped through and slipped on my converse. It was sunny on the other side; a green lawn with a small plot containing a couple vegetables. Potatoes, carrots, cabbage, and some broccoli. For some reason, shouting came from the other side of the fence to my left. I walked in a daze. I hadn't seen that much green since shrek.

"It's nice, isn't it?" A monotone.

"I thought you were in your room."

"A break."

I walked closer to the garden, gazing at the plants. They were well tended, except the broccoli. "Who takes care of the plants?"

"Basically the whole family. The broccoli is sabotaged since Tommy hates it. You'll get your own plot of land, later."

"Oh, okay. I guess I shall request for Mr. Minecraft for me to go to the library. I must borrow some books to expand my knowledge."

"Why do you talk so strangely?"

"That is the way we talk in foster care."

"Oh, okay... Just watch out for Feral Boys. I won't be there to help you."

I nodded and left.