January 20: The Wasteland of Alive and Dead

I currently feel like shit and I don't know what's exactly wrong with me, so I'm writing this now. We woke up to Keith Wickham, Gordon's driver, asking us what were were all doing here and if we were ok. Ethan and Marilyn explained what had happened to us and asked if there was anyone else there.

Keith led us outside and we saw Gordon and Spencer with the other engines, each decked out like they'd been through both of the last world wars. Gordon explained he'd been on his way back to Knapford when the explosion went off, and so he booked it, though things were getting too intense so he was forced to take refuge inside Henry's Tunnel where Molly soon showed up. Huh, so Gordon was who was with her.

After things died down, they agreed to go their separate ways and meet back up at Wellsworth. When Gordon set off, it luckily didn't take long for him to reach Knapford where he'd discover Spencer, Duck, Oliver(who had burst his safety valve), and Toad. I don't feel like writing down all the crap they went through other than how Duck and Oliver had seen Donald and Emily respectively screaming and pain and mutating on their way here. Plus they also saw Murdoch in the ocean, so that's bad considering we'll have to tell Molly about him and Neville eventually if we get the chance(though the latter depends if the others haven't done so already), but what is good is that Gordon and Spencer actually decided to set apart their differences (mostly) in order to survive.

BoCo agreed to head back to Knapford with Gordon while Jinty and Salty went with Spencer back to Brendam. Though when we made it to Elsbridge, an awful smell overcame most of us, and Gordon said he and Spencer hated it when they came along this lime because of it so he wanted to see what it was. We came closer to the shed, and opened what was left of the doors.

It was Thomas the Tank Engine.

He was somehow still barely alive, though he was clearly torn up and horribly disfigured either from the mutating chemicals or that thing. Gordon and BoCo were both sad and I saw a tear roll down Gordon's eye. I don't blame him, especially after we got the gun Keith had and shot him to put him out of his misery.

Gordon and BoCo were silent the rest of the way, which made sense considering the look of what was left of Thomas' face and how much they knew him. Thankfully we made it to Knapford where we came across Duck, Oliver, and Toad as expected. I remember feeling miserable and exhausted suddenly while everyone was figuring out what to do next, and I wasn't the only one.

Some of us tried to take a walk and went over to where Murdoch was. It was kinda scary seeing his front and several smashed buffers submerged in the water. Anyways, I'd say a bit more but I honestly can't concentrate and I'm about to collapse, so I'll try to rest and maybe it'll be better in a few hours.