January 23: Things Go Horribly Wrong

Jesus Christ...things haven't gone well at all in the past several hours, but it's best I explain. When I got up and went to BoCo, he told me the group had been strategizing on how to fight back against the things and those who had more or less gone insane or otherwise get off the island. So far, unfortunately, there wasn't much notable luck. The best we had was to head out and get the narrow gauge engines and get to the mainland and let the military deal with it, but we don't have much to go off of regarding the nature of the chemicals that got into the atmosphere, and who knows what actions would be taken once we got off this island.

Rosie, Molly, and the Scottish Twins were luckily all ok so far as well. What's more is that Diesel 10 had begun to gain trust of some of the other engines like Gordon, Percy, and even Edward, agreeing that it'd be better for everyone if we weren't enemies in these times. Unfortunately, that's about when all the good in the day started to fall to the wayside.

It seemingly began when we realized that we were running low on supplies for everyone, so we needed to head out. We decided to take BoCo, Gordon, Spencer, Whiff, and Diesel 10 out and up to Cronk as we hadn't been up there yet, god do I regret not being prepared. We made our way down the line and came upon Maron, and there wasn't much left behind to pick up, so we simply kept moving. Soon, we came upon Cronk, and boy was it a mess. Most of us puked when we saw how bloodied and disgusting everything was. Whiff went into the yard to find coal trucks, fuel vans, or maybe some survivors while the rest of us figured to either go down to Killdane or up to the Ironworks.

Before any of us could decide though, we heard a scream from within the yard and the roses of that thing. It wasn't long before it came out covered in blood and rushed at us, it's tendrils leeching out in anticipation. It grabbed onto Spencer as we tried to run, and despite our efforts, this thing was somehow too strong for us and had us locked at a stalemate. Up ahead, we heard and saw people shouting and firing shots at us. Moments later, D261 came forward with a smirk on his face.

However, at the same time, the thing soon tore Spencer away and dragged him away screaming. We would've gone after him, but the men raised their guns at us and threatened to fire if we moved, so we were reluctantly forced to stay put. D261 looked at Diesel 10 and sighed, saying how disappointed he was that he'd choose the steam engines. The latter smiled and said, "At least I don't go insane and kill everyone in sight, plus I have enough remorse to do this."

With that said, he charged at D261, smashing his cab in with Pinchy, and dragging him back the same way that thing went with Spencer, and we took that as a chance to get out of there. We didn't get away unscathed as some bullets dented Gordon and BoCo and even drew blood from the former's check. We soon ran back to Brendam, only to find it having just gone through the fight of its life.

Only 20 minutes after we left, mutated spiders and men showed up and attacked everyone at the docks. Rosie, Molly, and Douglas were hidden quickly, but others weren't so lucky. Donald had gone forward, but not before saying goodbye to his brother if he wouldn't make it, which he sadly didn't when one of those things got into him and tore much of his face and boiler apart. Daisy was also swarmed, those things climbing in her and scratching  and ripping the hell out of her to the point where she was too far gone.

There were more minor injuries, and Salty and Mavis each lost an eye and were badly damaged, though at least that was it. Regardless, we've lost five engines today, Whiff, Spencer, Diesel 10, Donald, and Daisy, not found ring thirty or so people that died across both incidents, at this rate we have to ensure we aren't sitting ducks any longer if we want to get off this island.

Gordon and Douglas are probably doing the worst, but Gordon's crew and others like Oliver and Henry are trying their best to get them in a somewhat better mindset. I also talked with some of the others before I found myself too tired to stay awake any longer. We'll take the group out of Brendam and onto the mainline, where hopefully we won't have to undergo something like that again.

Until then, I'm signing off once more, this time on an unfortunate note.