Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Outside

When I woke up the next morning, I was expecting that I'd see Tobias in the usual seat, be welcomed by the smell of his ink, the sound of the scribbling pen, and his usual emotionless face, shoulders draped with a white cloak, and his long hair kissing his documents.

Si Tobias talaga iyong CEO na laging seryoso na napapanuod ko sa human world, iyon nga lang he's the vampire version. And just like the usual love story in human world, he'll fall in love with a poor girl like me.

What does his family take about his newly arrived mate?

I am aware that Tobias and I are mates, but as someone like him who has the title— a king, of course, all of his subjects would expect that he'd be destined to be someone more valuable and someone who he'd be proud of.

Would this nation accept a human girl like me— someone who has no potential? I am just a nobody in the human world.

As I slowly opened my eyes with my arms stretching, the blurry image of King Tobias Caesar welcomed me.

My eyes widened, I quickly got up, pushed my back against the headboard, and pulled the blanket until my chest as if I were naked. Why is he still here on our bed? Holiday ba siya?

"Good morning," he smiled.

He was lying on his side, but when I got up, he straightened himself and seated comfortably in front of me.

I know that we were a bit intimate last night, but dala na lang siguro iyon ng dilim o kaya ay lamig. But now that I could see him bright and clear, and now that he could see my reaction— how could I possibly hide that he already had an effect on me? I know that this would intense the moment he claimed me with his fangs, at iyon ang nais kong iwasan bago ako tumakas sa mundong ito.

I couldn't just let this weird world bind us with the power of our thirst and lust. I should still have a clear mind before I left this world. "Wala kang trabaho? Paano ang water district natin?"

"Our water district will still operate with my few hours of break."

"Oh. . ."

When King Tobias placed his right hand on the bed and pushed himself nearer to me, I gasped. I tightened my grip on my blanket. But he stopped in the midway and smiled again. "Thank you for the last night."

"H-huh? I didn't give you water. Natapon pa nga."

He chuckled. Napasandal muli siya sa kama at saglit na minasahe ang kanyang noo. "I mean for worrying about me."

"Of course, you're my fiancé. I'll always wake you up if you're having nightmares."

Ngumiti siya sa akin bago na siya bumaba sa kama. "We'd go outside later."

"What? Akala ko isang linggo tayo rito?"

Lumingon siya sa akin na may nakataas ang isang kilay. "I can change my plans for you. Would you like us to spend more days—" agad akong umiling. Inangat ko ang dalawa kong kamay para patigilan na siya sa anumang sasabihin niya.

"Of course! I'd like to see outside."

Hindi katulad ko na kailangan pa maligo araw-araw, si Tobias noong unang araw ko lang napansin na naligo. And as someone who has a vampire genes, parang laging may skin care si Tobias sa tuwing nasisinagan nang kaunting liwanag mula sa bintana. At mukha pa siyang naliligo sa akin.

I was done with my food when I decided to ask Tobias some questions again. Kung dati ay natitigilan pa siya kapag hinihila ko o binubuhat ang upuan, ngayon ay mukhang sanay na ang tainga niya.