Chapter 34

Chapter 34: Walk

When I agreed to stay in this world, I also agreed to listen to his stories— for two months.

If he was telling me the truth, at least, I should have felt anything about him, but the moment I got hurt because of him, I felt unsafe. It was as if all I could only remember was pain, fear, and my desperation to survive. Mga bagay na alam kong kailanman ay hindi makakalimutan ng puso, utak at maging ng katawan ko. Kaya magagawa ba nila akong sisihin kung nahihirapan akong makaalala at hindi ako maniwala na bigla na lang ako magigising sa mundong ako ang reyna?

Nabuhay ako sa kaalaman na ang lahat ng nanakit sa akin ay kailanman ay hindi ko magiging kaibigan— o lalong higit pa sa isang asawa. Pag-ibig?

Do I deserve to have such a thing?

It's really hard to believe that I was in a different world and I was the wife of the king. Masyadong nakakatawa, hindi niya ba ako nakikilala? Baka pandirian niya ako kapag nalaman niya ang nakaraan ko.

Napailing na lang ako sa kinauupuan kong kama habang may nakapalibot na naman sa aking mga kababaihan.

After we settled down and agreed for two months, they summoned doctors, or what they called healers. Sila iyong mga babaeng nakasuot ng mahabang asul na. Apat araw na akong nakakakita ng iba't ibang kababaihan na iisa naman ang ginagawa sa akin. With their extended hands, illuminating with the warm hands and their faces of disappointment after that.

Tobias and Rosh were always present every time the healers tried to use their ability on me. Rosh stood firmly near the door, leaning on the wall with his arms crossed, while Tobias sat on the chair beside my bed, his arms pressing on his thighs, hands clasped together, and his head slightly bowed, avoiding my gaze.

"King Tobias . . ." tawag ng isa sa manggagamot.

Nang umiling muli ito kay Tobias, hindi na siya tumayo sa kanyang pagkakaupo at tumango lamang sa mga kababaihan.

Nawala sa kanyang pagkakasandal si Rosh at higit siyang lumapit sa mga kababaihan.

"Is there another way?"

"We can try the other procedure and we'll try to enter her mind, probably see how the witch cursed her, something is blocking her mind, but if we could force ourselves to enter, it might hurt her—" bigla nang tumayo si Tobias. Umiling siya kay Rosh.

"I summoned you to remove her pain, heal her first, let's deal with her memories later. J-just don't add her another pain. Make her healthy. I want her to stand again, run, smile—" huminga siya nang malalim ngunit nanatili siyang nakatalikod sa akin. "Don't force her. I can wait."

Sabay-sabay yumuko ang mga kababaihan sa nakatalikod na Tobias sa akin bago ang mga iyon magpaalam.

Tobias tried to look over his shoulder, but he stopped midway. I saw how he lifted one of his hands on his face before he looked at Rosh and nodded.

Sa huli ay naiwan ako sa silid na iyon kasama si Rosh. Bumuntonghininga siya at naupo sa dulo ng aking kama.

"I'm sorry . . ."

"Huh?"

"We should have seek help from the Gazellians, but we couldn't. Wala sa amin ni Tobias ang may lakas ng loob humarap sa kahit sinong Gazellian sa mga oras na ito."

"Who are they?"

He smiled bitterly. "Family friend?"

"They can help me?"

"Claret can help you. Can you remember her? She's the most powerful priestess in this world, she can help you, but our family . . ." nailing na lang si Rosh.