Chapter 5

AN / SPG lol

Chapter 5: Nine Million

"I don't think I can stay mad at you, huh?" sabi ng lalaking bampira na nakapamulsa na agad narinig ang ibinulong sa akin ni Tobias.

The woman beside him giggled. "I don't think it's ideal to leave the room, King Tobias."

Tumayo na nga ng tuwid si Tobias. He cleared his throat and casually introduced the two vampires. "Marah and Pryor, they are my siblings."

Yuyuko na sana ako nang bigla akong hawakan ni Tobias, and that reminded me of my position. Ngumiti na lang ako sa mga kapatid niya. "It's nice meeting you."

"So, what's the plan? Are you going to formally introduce her to Parsua Deltora?"

Alam kong ramdam na ni Tobias ang paghigpit ng hawak ko sa braso niya. And when he looked at me, even without shaking my head, I knew that he's already aware of my decision.

I can't!

How can he introduce me as his Queen if I still have to learn more things in this world? All I know is his nine— I mean his huge nine million worth of treasure.

"That can wait," Tobias said casually.

Sabay umangat ang kilay nina Marah at Pryor sa sinabing iyon ni Tobias.

"Are you sure that you're going out? Isn't it too early?" muling tanong ni Marah.

"Ah, it's okay. Naka-score na siya sa akin." I lied.

"Score?" Pryor and Marah asked in unison.

Kahit si Tobias ay nakatungo na rin sa akin na mukhang nalilito na naman sa mga salita ko.

I closed my eyes in frustration. Aren't we both aware that we're going to deceive the people in this nation about us— consummating our mate thing? Kaya nga umuulan hindi ba?

Or are they aware that Tobias and I haven't shared our blood and fangs yet?

"Kezalli and her words are still adjusting in this world. Please bear with her for a while."

I awkwardly scratched my cheek. "I am sorry. I'll try to be better."

"Why don't we have a small feast then?" tanong ni Marah.

"That's a good idea."

Sabay nang tumalikod sa amin sina Pryor at Marah, nang nag-angat ako ng tingin kay Tobias ay diretso lang ang titig niya sa likuran ni Pryor.

"I am aware that you've returned. But aren't you going back?"

"To the woman who's too devoted with gold, treasure and money? She can even sell me if she wanted to," sagot ni Pryor na hindi man lang lumilingon sa kanyang hari at patuloy sa paglalakad.

I choked. Ilang beses kong tinapik ang dibdib ko.

And when he stopped walking and faced us again, Pryor's eyes were as sharp as the tip of my arrows.

What is wrong with him? Inaano ko siya. . . don't tell me he's aware of my nine million? That Sullivan! Napakabilis maningil!

"Even your Queen has a bounty on her head."

My eyes widened in surprise. Natakpan ko rin ang bibig ko sa salitang narinig mula sa kapatid ni Tobias. Ano ang tingin niya sa akin kriminal?

"Excuse me? B-bounty?"

"Aren't you aware of her debt from Sullivan and the way she used your name freely for money?"

I gasped.