twelve

What was I to do? I was too infatuated with him to stay away, but my head still told me that I knew better than that.

            I didn't doubt for a second that he didn't intend for this to happen. Harry wasn't trying to harm me or hurt me; I was just subjected to the situation at this point.

            I wasn't angry with Harry, instead feeling angry at the situation, but he was the closest thing to hit. With Harry, I felt upset that he had not kept me in on the situation. I was blindfolded in the middle of a battlefield, so it seemed.

            One twenty seven in the morning, not a time to be making rational decisions, but what was I doing? Putting on shoes to walk to Harry's flat.

            My head was clouded with uncertainty as I walked up, but that didn't stop me from curling my hand into a fist and softly knocking on his door.

            There was no answer or movement from inside. I found myself frowning after standing there for a few moments. Just as I was about to turn around and scold myself for being stupid enough to come up here, I heard the door click.

            "Tilly?" His voice was thick with exhaustion. My gaze met his and my eyebrows rose up.

            "Hi," I softly said. I mentally cursed myself. What was the point in coming up here?

            "Did you, uh, think of a solution or something?" he said, sounding confused. I bit my lip and shook my head, playing with the hem of my shirt. He had running shorts on with no top, allowing me to see his tattoos.

            "I'm sorry, I just..." I trailed off. His eyebrows creased. "I don't know why I came up here," And I didn't; I was just being naïve.

            He remained silent for a moment, running his hand through his tangled hair. "I'm sorry for hiding that from you, you deserved to know," he mumbled. "I was just being an ass,"

            I bit my lip. "I shouldn't have lashed out like I did,"

            "Yes you should've," he said, without hesitation. He leaned against his doorframe. "I hid something that threatened your safety from you,"

            I crossed my arms over my chest. "Screw being upset with each other, let's just try and fix it,"

            "I agree," he said. "I've thought about it a little bit, do you want to come in to discuss?" I nodded and he stepped aside, waving his hand through the door. Slowly, I stepped through.

            As we walked towards his couch, he yawned.

            "Sorry for waking you up," I looked at him as I sat. He took a seat at the other end.

            "Wasn't asleep,"

            "Oh,"

            His hands rubbed over his face before he began to speak. "The only way to go about this professionally is telling the people I work with,"

            My eyes widened in shock. "Get the entire district involved?"

            He nodded, his gaze angled towards the windows. "It's bigger than just you and your mother, babe. The leader of their gang and the leader of the London district, Perkins, have an agreement of sorts; they're not supposed to come in certain parts of London to keep peace, and vice versa. So, not only has Phillips broken that rule, but he also is trying to get to me by messing with you, which won't make Perkins happy."