🌶️ Chapter One: Sanctuary Academy 🌶️

A half finished tower gleamed under a pale blue sky. As clouds lazily wandered over to where the incomplete structure, a young girl, with dark colored hair with faint red highlights, strode forward on the pavement below. She noticed the neatly trimmed bushes lining the way, and leading to a fountain of four female figures. She paused for a moment to stare at one of the stone statues in particular, a familiar gaze crossing her eyes and face.

Elsewhere on the same campus, a tall ginger headed male grinned over at a girl, whose long black hair, save for a magenta stripe, covered her face. She too attempted to conceal her excitement at what was yet to come.

Yet another individual walked leisurely, careful to keep his large claws at his side and away from his body, as he stared up at the tower. He gave a wince and stared back down at the ground in comfort.

Amongst the dark gray building, a stage was set. On it, stood a tall man, holding a cane with gears in its center. His curly brown hair started peeking with silver streaks, but the proud smile that showed on his face, told of how this moment long meant to him.

The four figures stood amongst the crowd of students. Eager whispers surrounded them, swelling just slightly until the man approached a microphone.

"Welcome, students. I see we have all found the place of our newly founded institute. Welcome to Sanctuary Academy. My name is Oscar Pines, the Headmaster of Sanctuary Academy. Today, we will be forming teams just as students have done in the past."

"Yesss." The ginger haired male excitedly hissed under his breath.

"Each of you will be able to show off your skills and techniques while conducting a landing strategy. Then whoever you find in the forest will be your teammate for the rest of the time at Sanctuary Academy. From there, we will then base you off of teams based on the relics you find in the forest. That is all for now."

Headmaster Pines waved towards the edge of the cliff, "Please take your positions."

As the students gathered to the designated spot, Jasper stood at the edge of the cliff, looking down.

Taking a deep breath, she reminded herself, Okay, Jasper. Just like mama said, jump up, and land cleanly on both your feet. You can do this. She touched her folded up weapon behind her in comfort and got into position.

Peridot felt a tremble in his claws. Flying through the air did not at all sound like fun, but he would try his best to get to the ground as quickly and safely as he could.

Auburn tried his best not to bounce up and down with excitement. Onyx rolled her eyes and shook her head. She placed her arms in front, her eyes catching a glimpse of a long scar on one girl's neck. Onyx tried not to think of the scar above her own right eyebrow.

Headmaster Oscar gave a nod.

With a quick spring, Jasper felt her whole body being lifted into the air, with a gentle, yet firm force. She kept her eyes open, feeling the wind sting them. She managed to grab her scythe, Crescent Blossom, and caught onto a tree branch below, slowing her down. As she caught her breath, she stood on a wide tree branch. Gathering her scythe and her bearings, she heard overhead the shouts of students flying through the air above her.

Jasper put Crescent Blossom behind her and jumped safely from the branch to the ground. She found herself in an unfamiliar place. Using her semblance, she started moving as fast as she could, cherry blossom petals scurrying behind her.

However, the run was short lived, as she approached a figure. She almost missed them with how they blended in with the forest. Yet, the figure's pink eyes stared into her silver ones, causing her to stop.