🕺 Chapter Eleven: School dance 💃

The continuation of the hot and dry summer continued, with classes filled with information about history, weapon protection and upkeep, and other subjects. Peridot worked especially hard on the classes about aura, working on how to manage his aura levels to get stronger.

Jasper would often fall asleep quickly after a busy day of classes. She would wake up shortly after midnight, the sound of her teammate coming into the room would wake her. She would do her best to lay still, but she knew that Onyx was working hard.

They all were. Especially with all that had transpired at Oakheart Village. And all that was about to happen.

🌶️ 🌶️ 🌶️

Peridot carefully traced a line of dark brown liquid eyeliner on the top of Jasper's eyelid. After a few seconds, he leaned back, surveying his art.

Jasper had already done her hair, the darkened red curls curling up at her shoulder. helps Jasper with makeup. Her hair was curled right until her shoulder, with the bangs slightly held back with some cherry blossom barrettes.

Her makeup look was much different, as she donned on a brighter palette of magenta pinks against her pale complexion, the shine coming from the light in her silver eyes.

Jasper cautiously blinked a few times, then turned to look at her reflection in the mirror.

"Wow, Peridot! I didn't know you were so good with makeup!"

Peridot shrugged, secretly pleased by Jasper's response to his handiwork, as he started to put away the makeup brushes, "Yeah. I learned how to do it by practicing with mud, but after my adoption I would watch videos about makeup application."

"I'm glad. I hardly know how to do makeup. Thanks again for helping out."

Peridot stood up, makeup bag tucked under his arm, as he gave a little bow in Jasper's direction, "You are quite welcome. See you at the dance."

Peridot left the dorm room, and Jasper stood up. She approached her closet door, opening it to reveal a pink dress on the hanger, encased in a plastic sleeve.

Jasper removed the dress from its protection, and carefully stepped into it, slipping into its sleek fabric. She carefully zipped the back and buttoned the top button.

Using the full length mirror, she gazed at the dress, admiring the details. The dress went down to her knees, and had fake cherry blossoms sewn into the bodice and at the bottom of the skirt. She wore a pale pink cherry blossom necklace with a bright pink center against a gold chain, and a small silver bracelet on her right wrist.

Jasper grabbed a bright pink clutch. She looked reluctantly at the shoes, and bent down to put on the small, white pumps with pink bows.

She straightened up and peered at her reflection again. She traced a few fingers along her neck, but then held the necklace. She wondered where Onyx was, since Onyx left earlier and took her clothes and bag to a different location to get ready.

She gave herself a confident smile and left the dorm room.

🌶️ 🌶️ 🌶️

Inside the large spacious area, colorful streamers, balloons, and banners were strewn. Tall lantern lights shone brightly over the large dance floor, and awaiting tables and chairs. A music person was there, already playing some upbeat tunes. A few other students were starting to stand in the area, some talking in groups or in pairs.

Jasper approached the area muttering to herself, "Stupid lady stilts."

"Huh, I've never heard of them referred to as that." A familiar voice said behind her.