🚿 Chapter Five: Singing in the shower 🚿

Jasper opened the dorm room and peeked inside. Onyx was sitting on the bottom bunk, her headphones covering her ears, and her nose in a different book. Jasper slowly walked through the door, and closed it behind her.

Jasper started walking towards Onyx, but a familiar tune caught her attention.

The bathroom door was slightly open, to let some of the steam out. Even if it was fully closed, Peridot's voice would have been heard throughout the dorm room.

"Fighting evil by moonlight. Winning love by daylight. Never running from a real fight. She is the one named Sailor Moon!"

Jasper started to giggle, but promptly joined the next part with loud enthusiasm.

"She will never turn her back on a friend," She moved toward the bathroom door. Onyx looked up in confusion.

Together, Peridot and Jasper continued. "She is always there to defend. She is the one on whom we depend. She is the one named Sailor..."

"AHHHHH!" Peridot yelled.

Jasper laughed, leaning forward and clutching her stomach and the laughter left her chest.

"I thought I was alone!" Peridot shouted.

"Nope. It's just me and Onyx in here."

"Oh, right." The shower curtain hooks scraped the bar, as Peridot continued, "Jasper! What did I say about singing along with me when I'm in the shower?"

Jasper wiped tears from her cheeks, a big smile on her face, "Sorry! It's just, I like the song too!"

The door burst open, and Auburn's panicked face scanned the room, "What happened? I heard a scream!"

Jasper looked over at him, saying, "Oh, it's all good Auburn, everything is okay. I was just joining Peridot in some lovely singing."

Auburn gave a visible big sigh of relief and closed the door, "That's good. What song were you all signing?"

"The Sailor Moon one!"

Auburn gasped, then clapped his hands with glee, "Oh my gosh! That show is so good! How does it go again? Fighting evil by moonlight..."

Jasper joined in with Auburn, "Winning love by daylight. With her Sailor Scouts to help fight. She is the one named Sailor Moon. She is the one named Sailor Moon. She is the one. Sailor Moon!"

The sound of a squeaky knob was heard as the shower head turned off. Instead of being met with vigorous applause, a grumbling Peridot was heard.

Auburn and Jasper gave each other a high five and giggled.

Auburn looked over at Onyx, who met his gaze. He motioned at the headphones and she took them off.

Jasper cleared her throat and walked over. Auburn went and sat on top of his bunk.

Jasper stood to the side of Onyx bed, "Onyx, I wanted to apologize to you about my earlier behavior. I didn't realize that you were feeling hurt, and I should have recognized your feelings. I was excited about being here and with you all. I promise I will be a better team leader for you and everyone else here."

Jasper stopped and held her breath for a bit.

Onyx stared up at her, her pink colored eyes gazing at Jasper's face, before she shrugged.

"Apology accepted." She then turned her attention to the book.

Jasper looked over her shoulder at Auburn. Auburn gave her a swift grin and a thumbs up.

Onyx's Emblem (Art by Jenmouse45). 

Jasper let out a sigh, feeling her shoulders go down a bit further. She then left to get a book from her desk.

The bathroom door opened and Peridot walked out, wearing a pair of dark colored pants. As he fiddled through his nightstand for a shirt, Auburn caught a glance at him, and started to blush. Quickly, he looked out the dorm window.

Onyx saw the red tips of her brother's ears and shook her head a little.

Jasper broke through the quietness with, "Tomorrow we have classes! We better study for a bit before we go to bed early."

"It's four in the afternoon." Onyx remarked.

"Oh right, a bit too early for sleep then." Jasper said, with a light awkward laugh.

His shirt on and buttoned, Peridot offered, "How about another round of games?"

"I'm in!" Jasper closed the book and placed it back on the desk.

"Wait for me!" Auburn said, climbing down from his bunk.

The three assembled on the couch, controllers in hand, and the game loading on the screen.

To be continued. 

(Sailor Moon Theme Lyrics provided by: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/sailormoonlyrics.html).