📚 Chapter Nine: Free time after mission 📚

Jasper stood before Headmaster Oscar Pines desk. She took a look around, noticing the medium purple walls that were draped with loose dark blue drapes. A half circle of tall windows stood behind where the Headmaster sat, looking out into the valley of trees and buildings. Jasper gazed back at the desk, where a neat stack of papers sat, aligned with a few pens.

Headmaster Pines spoke up, "What do you think of my new office?"

Jasper clasped her hands in front of her, "It seems very spacious, and a little bit colorful."

Headmaster Pines gave a chuckle, "Well, we are still in the middle of renovations with the Academy, on top of starting classes and training a bit early. I'm sure one day it will be a bit more furnished."

"I agree!" Jasper exclaimed. Then she asked, "Why am I here again?"

"I wanted to discuss what happened at Oakheart Village and with the person you came across."

"Indigo Black."

Headmaster Pines nodded, "Yes, them. First, I wanted to hear your side of the story on what happened."

Jasper explained all that happened in the forest and with the dome. She finished with Aurelia coming in and finally defeating Indigo.

The Headmaster stood up and approached the front of the desk, a thoughtful look on his face.

Jasper hesitantly asked, "The shadow monsters. What were they? Auburn and Peridot saw them as well, but they did not know what they were."

Headmaster Pines' face tightened for a moment, but then relaxed. "Do not worry about the monsters."

Jasper noticed in his face that the subject should not be brought up again.

Jasper decided to ask a different question, "What will happen to Indigo?"

He stopped and looked Jasper in the eye, "There are new laws and a legal system being put into place. What I can say for now is Finian Mouse, director of Management of Indictment and Civil Events (M.I.C.E.) has a much different perspective on cases regarding arson and murder, in fact much different then what happened with the old Remnant. I can only say for now, Indigo will be put into a detainment cell and wait to hear from a court system about their fate, depending on how much evidence is gathered."

Jasper nodded, "They seemed confused and misled. As if they wanted someone to understand them."

Headmaster Pines smiled, "I forgot you still have the feature to sense how others are feeling. That is a skill that can be useful in class and on the battlefield. I hope you don't ever forget to keep that in mind."

Jasper gave a salute, "I won't Headmaster Pines!" Then she added, "Is there anything else I should know about or do?"

He straightened up a bit, saying, "Yes. Please send Aurelia in here next."

🌶️ 🌶️ 🌶️

Jasper entered the dorm room, where her teammates were resting.

Or at least two of them were. Auburn was in the center of the dorm room floor, doing a combination of squats, sits ups, and push ups.

"Hey Jasper, welcome back!" Auburn called out, slightly panting. "Do you not mind clearing the floor for me, please?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, sure." Jasper used her semblance and navigated in a swirl of pink cherry blossom petals to the top of her bunk.

A cherry blossom petal landed on the page of the book Onyx was reading from. She swept it away, "Really, Jasper?"