🎮 Chapter Three: Video game night (take two of team building) 🎮

With a disposition as sunny as the new day was outside, Jasper approached Onyx with a big smile. "Hey, you know what we need right now?"

Onyx glanced over her book, "Some peace and quiet to finish reading?"

Jasper chuckled, grabbing Onyx's hand and the book fell down, "No silly, we need some games! Video games!"

"I'm not really a gamer." Onyx said hesitantly.

"Nonsense! Let's all just play one game and see how it goes." Auburn called out cheerily.

The four of them each grabbed their scrolls and sat in front of a television screen. Each of their scrolls chimed as they connected to the television.

"Hmmm what to play?" Peridot asked.

"I like Soaring Ninja!" Jasper called out.

"Oh, that is a good one! I play it with my mom sometimes."

"But mom is not here at the moment."

"Well, Onyx, what do you want to play?"

Onyx shook her head, "I don't play games, I said that before."

Jasper scratched her head, embarrassed, "Oh, right you did say that."

"Come on sis, it's just one game!"

"Yeah, maybe you will have beginner's luck and blow us out of the um, water." Peridot offered.

Onyx shrugged and chose a character, "We'll see about that."

The round started, with Peridot and Auburn teamed up and Jasper and Onyx on the other.

"Hey look, we all paired with our respective teammates!" Jasper called out with glee.

The game music started, an upbeat classic many of them knew, and they all started smashing buttons to kick the other team down to zero health.

Soaring Ninja! Total annihilation!

Jasper's avatar bounced up and down the screen. Jasper clapped her hands together, "Yay I won!"

"That was a good game." Auburn said.

"Yeah, you really had it down pat." Peridot said with a smile.

"That is because I have to know all the moves," Jasper imitated a karate chop with her hands and arms, "Especially with being a team leader!"

The sound of a scroll hitting the tabletop startled the whole team, with Peridot physically wincing at the noise. Onyx stood up and turned her angry eyes towards Jasper.

"Just because your team leader doesn't mean you had to rub this in my face Jasper! I worked so hard just to become one." Onyx shouted at her.

Jasper let out a surprised gasp and Onyx swiftly left the room.

Peridot offered some words of comfort, "I'm sure she didn't mean anything by that."

"Yeah, she's always been kind of uptight, and with starting a new academy, I'm sure it is just the stress talking. Speaking of which, let me go talk to her and find out what is the matter." Auburn suggested.

Auburn took his leave. Peridot stayed with Jasper, and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder as she sat in silence.

🌶️ 🌶️ 🌶️

Auburn found Onyx sitting outside, facing the mountains. To where the direction of their home was located.

Auburn approached her, sitting down in front of her, "Thought you would be here. Don't you want a rematch?"