💔 Chapter Ten: Confession 💔

Jasper approached the classroom door. She reached for the handle, hoping that what she was about to do was the right thing.

She opened the door slowly to see Petal Springs, Daisy Summers, and Aurelia Falls standing or sitting in the classroom area.

"Jasper, so glad you could join us." Aurelia said.

Jasper went and stood next to Daisy.

"Right, now that everyone is here, let's get started." Aurelia said. She cleared her and then continued, "I spoke with Headmaster Pines at the beginning of the summer about our predicament. Four maidens under one roof, nay one academy roof, which is a rare occurrence. He suggested that we should form one team with all of us together."

"It's nearly the end of summer. Why did you wait so long?" Jasper asked.

Aurelia faced her with determination, "To study you, all that you knew and were training to do. To make sure you were ready."

"But is it really okay for all the maidens to be in one place?" Jasper asked.

"You ask too many questions." Aurelia said, annoyed, blowing her bangs out of her face.

"Look," Daisy spoke up, "We know you would feel a bit nervous starting a new team with all that happened in the past with the maidens. Yet, Headmaster Pines feels the school is safe enough to have four, strong-"

"And beautiful." Petals added.

Daisy laughed slightly, "Sure, we can add that to the mix. We are the future of the New Remnant. It is a big task to fulfill."

"It's destiny." Aurelia said.

Jasper heard the word and was about to speak up, but Aurelia cut in, "We have to start our own team. I know you are already on one and are the leader of Team JAPO, but what matters is the four of us stick together and take on missions as a potential team. You can even be the team leader."

"We thought of a name already!" Petals cut in, excitedly.

Aurelia nodded, "Team JASP (Jasper). Poor Daisy would have to use the initials of her last name."

"Hey, I already said I was fine with it." Daisy said with a warm smile.

"Right. You would be the leader Jasper. You can make the calls and lead us on whatever missions you want. Even the senior ranked ones, we could take those without needing the Headmaster's approval."

Aurelia paused her speech, as Jasper's normally cheerful face started to cloud with a scowl.

Jasper looked up at Aurelia. "Falls. I knew someone who had the same last name. They were not kind, in fact they hurt me, both physically and emotionally."

"That was in the past." Aurelia said, starting to plead, "We are now talking about the future and what it means to have the maidens all together. All on the same team."

"I think it would be best if we gave Jasper some time to think about all we had talked about." Daisy interrupted. "Let's revisit this another day."

Petals got up from the desk and skipped over to Daisy, the two of them leaving the room together.

Aurelia followed behind them, looking back at Jasper one more time.

"Jasper, please consider the offer of Team JASP. You know how to reach me." She left the room.

Jasper felt her face fall even further down and her shoulders grew heavier.

She was once again confused and sad over what to do within her mind and heart.