004

"Finally." said Seungkwan, once Seungcheol and Jeonghan arrived with a fish. "We thought you died."

"Wow, this is... impressive." said Jeonghan, looking around.

The eleven remaining boys had set up a small campsite, making tents out of sticks and leaves. A small fire sat in front of the two tents, the flames crackling quietly. The sky was starting to turn dark, giving the camp a homely vibe.

"We don't know how long we'll be here. We should get comfortable." said Joshua. "Here, hand me the fish, and I'll cook it..."

Seungkwan sat on the ground beside Vernon, knees up to his chest. "Are you alright?"

Vernon nodded. "Yeah, why?"

"Just checking." said Seungkwan. "Why were you on the cruise ship?"

"My little sister, Sofia, wanted to come to Korea on vacation. I don't even live here." said Vernon. "I live in New York. It's scary to think I might never return..."

"So I assume your sister..."

Vernon nodded grimly. No further words were needed.

"I'm sorry." said Seungkwan quietly.

"It's not your fault." said Vernon. "So why were you here?"

"We were celebrating my father's birthday." said Seungkwan simply.

Vernon nodded, unsure of what to say.

"You said you're from New York, right? Do you speak English?"

Vernon nodded. "If you ever want me to teach you..."

"You know, I think I might like that." said Seungkwan, smiling. Vernon didn't understand how someone could be so pretty while smiling.

He stared for a second too long and looked away, clearing his throat. "What do you do in your free time?"

"I like singing." said Seungkwan. "I've been singing practically since I was born. What about you?"

"I mostly rap." said Vernon. "It's cool that we both like music, though."

Seungkwan nodded in agreement. "Are your hands cold? Your fingers look red."

Vernon looked down at his hand and saw that it was true. His fingers shook involuntarily, aching from the cold breeze.

And suddenly, Seungkwan placed his hands on top of Vernon's, closing his fists gently around Vernon's slightly larger fingers. Vernon looked up at Seungkwan. His hands were so soft and warm, it felt like holding his hands in front of a fireplace.

"Is this better?" asked Seungkwan.

Vernon nodded. "Thanks, Seungkwan."

"For Heaven's sakes, just get a room."

Soonyoung and Dokyeom stood behind them, both grinning. They sat on either side of the eleven-year-olds.

"I think we should let you into our chaos group, Seungkwan." said Dokyeom. "See, we've made a group, and I want it to be a trio. You'd be the perfect addition."

"Chaos is my middle name." grinned Seungkwan. "Is there a name for this group?"

"I just thought of one." nodded Soonyoung. "Your surname's Boo, right? And Dokyeom's real name is Seokmin, so... BooSeokSoon!"

"I like it." said Dokyeom.

Seungkwan looked at Vernon. "What do you think?"

"Me? Why me?" asked Vernon.

"I value your opinion. Your opinion is my opinion."

Dokyeom and Soonyoung squealed like little schoolgirls. Vernon chuckled silently.