Chapter 6- Waiting

Let's be real guys. I'm terrible at being a consistent updater, so I'll probably just do some chapter dumping every once in a while and then disappear again before dumping again at some point. 😅

I don't have too much time to write tbh, and inspiration doesn't come that often unfortunately.

So I'll hope you'll forgive me.

Axel narrowly won the vote between Axel and Owen, so Owen will appear in a couple of chapters time. Thankyou to everyone who took the time to vote and comment I love it when people interact with the chapters.

Anyways, enjoy this chapter dump.

Sean’s POV

My office was messy. Papers strewn across the desk and old coffee mugs covering most of my surfaces. It was chaos.

I set to work, grabbing the loose paperwork and stuffing them in a pile, mugs going in a trolly near the door to be taken out and my cloaks folded up and placed on the coach. I grabbed a dustpan from the cleaner’s room down the hall and gathered the loose debris on the floor. I plopped into my desk chair and stared at the now organised chaotic mess, letting out a stressed sigh. Why did I decide to run a hospital again? I sunk deeper into my chair.

“Sir. NO. Wait. SIR”

The sound of panicked yelling filtered through the door and just as I was about to go check it out, my door slammed open, swinging to hit the wall behind it. Axel stood in the doorway, his arm bleeding quite heavily. In his hands was a sutures pack, and a pile of gauze.

“Hey Sean, the nurses wouldn’t let me do it out there, so ill just sit here, sort myself out and then head off. It’ll only take me a minute; I’ll be out of your hair soon.

He then sat on the couch, near the pile of coats and pulled back his tattered sleeve to reveal a large gash down his arm. Wiping the area with gauze, he held the needle towards the top of the gash and stuck it in, biting is lip as he concentrated.

“Axel, NO!” I called to him.

Standing hurriedly from my desk I ran over to him and tried to grab the needle from him.

“You didn’t even sanitise that, it’s going to get infected.”

He stared at me, making eye contact, before going back to sewing up his arm.

“Chill Sean, I took the med training you gave. Twice actually. Your nurses chased me down the hall yelling. You’ve clearly given them quite some instructions. Surely they know by now not to bother any of us. They’ve seen we’re all on the same team as you. Hell you could say we are the bosses of the hotel too, cause we all pitched in to buy this place--- ”

He gave a pained hiss as he reached the largest part of the gash and slowed slightly.

I reached for the needle, slowly reaching out my hand to pause his stitches.

He glanced at me briefly, and I pleaded with him with my eyes.

Signing, he handed me the needle and I resumed the stitches.

“You’re sewing from the wrong angle. You must get it all perpendicular. Maybe you need to take my course for the third time huh? Next time, just tell the nurses you’re coming here and then they wont chase you.”

“Yeah, yeah”
I finished the last stitch, and then covered the area with the remaining fresh gauze that I’d added a disinfectant to.

“That should reduce the infection, given you’re not sure if that needle wasn’t clean. I’ll be checking on you frequently, so let me know if there’s increased soreness or swelling.”