Chapter 1- The Store

Third Person POV:

" Crow! Slow down!"

"net ya yedu na pravil'noy skorosti" (No, I am go at right speed")

"Don't hit the old lady," North's head banged against the window as Raven spun the wheel to avoid the little old lady on the side of the road. "Don't hit the police car either!" CRUNCH! North groaned as Raven clipped the side mirror of the police car, and watched in dismay as the police men rushed out of the café that they were having lunch in, to see what had made the noise.

They were lucky that the Academy had connections in the police force, otherwise they would've been screwed. Police cars are not cheap, and the police men can be ruthless bastards sometimes when it comes to damaging their cars.

"Stupid Russian

ya ne glupyy (I am not stupid!)

North didn't know much Russian, but he knew enough to know that raven was saying that he wasn't stupid. He knew better than to fight with the tattooed man over something that had been and gone and nothing could change it, so he let the matter slide, inwardly cursing at Mr B for suggesting this horrible idea.

With 14 large men living in one house, food ran out quickly, because every meal seemed to be eaten like the last one that they would have. As most of the others were out on missions or at their own businesses, Mr Blackbourne decided that this would be a good chance for Raven and North to spend some time together, and bond.

North inwardly sniggered at that memory. There was no way in hell that he and Crow would ever bond. Looking outside the window, North realised that they were almost at the store, and sighed. He couldn't wait to be back on solid ground again.

He was too young to die from a heart attack. Before they left the house, Raven and North fought over who would drive, but as there would be food in the car on the way back, North decided he would drive on the way back home to ensure that the food would stay intact. He really didn't want to have raw egg and juice spilled over his precious jeep.

Raven drove the car into the nearest parking bay, swearing his head off as another car nearly backed into him. One might say that Raven had a bit of road rage.

"South, we are here".North sighed at the name, choosing not to argue with the man yet again. Both men hopped out of the car, and walked into the supermarket, stopping briefly to pick up 4 trolleys. one trolley for meat, one for bread, rice and pasta, and the last two for fruit, vegetables and dairy products.

They walked through the isles, emptying shelves as they went. Each time they visited the shops, there was a few hundred if not a thousand dollars spent on food alone. Super markets really profited from the Blackbourne-Toma family. as they walked into the fruit isle, they heard a very feminine groan.

There was a short and heavily pregnant woman, who was leaning down, trying to pick up an apple that she had probably dropped. Her belly prevented her from going anywhere, and the obvious frustration on her face was growing as seconds passed.

"tupoy tolstyy zhivot, meshayushchiy. Yesli by vy mogli imet' detey, ne buduchi arbuzom" (Stupid belly! if only you could have kids and not be a big watermelon)

Raven laughed as he realised what the woman said, and walked over to the struggling lady. ya poluchu eto, (I'll get it) He stooped down and picked up the apple, handing it to the woman.

As he stood, he got his first glimpse at the womans face. And what a woman she was. He had only seen her from the back, but looking at her face, she was stunning.

Long blonde hair that shimmered in the light, bright green eyes, and a heart shaped face. But her check was a puffy and red, and her collar bones were a sunken in. He took in the rest of her body and started cursing. Her legs even though clad in leggings, were obviously stick thin as the clothing stuck to her like a second skin.

Her wrists were bony looking, and
Raven could see faint fingerprints on her neck. When she shifted her long hair moved, and he could see a nasty bruise peaking out of her dress.

He was outraged. How dare someone hurt this tiny angel!

" Who the fuck hurt you?" 

Author's note:

What do you think?

Suggestions?

Feedback?

Word count- 793