Chapter 3- Excuses and Discussions

Sang's POV:

"Umm.... Well....." I didn't have an answer for the growly sounding giant of a man. I wasn't the type to just spill their guts to someone I just met.

The silence dragged on for a few more seconds before i decided that I would have to say something. "I'm sorry but I don't know you and that is none of your business. Keep your nose out of other people's lives".

My words my have seemed rude, but I was just trying to get out of being questioned by coming off rude. What better way to divert a conversation, than to get someone mad?

The growly man, just stared at me, his brown pools slightly narrowing as if he could sense the purpose behind what I had said. He seemed to think for a few more seconds before he responded. "I apologize. I was just worried".

I was puzzled. Why would he be worried about done stranger that he's never met before? That made zero sense to me. Then again I have experienced very little kindness in my life, so maybe my views on what was normal and not were slightly twisted.

The other man, the Russian one, spoke, drawing my attention towards him. "kroshechnyy kotenok, (tiny kitten) are you alright?"

I turned around to face the Russian man. "Da ( yes)  I am fine". I smiled a little and grabbed the apple that I had dropped and bit into it, not caring if I seemed odd to the two men around me.

Survival before pride and dignity. I then began to walk slowly towards the next aisle of fruit,wanting to find the cheapest fruit possible before heading towards the long term food aisle.

My senses honed in on the men i had left behind, and I sensed the air shift right before growly moved his arm to grab me, so I turned my body sightly to the left to avoid his hand.

I was instantly alert to potential danger, and my body was tense. These men seemed friendly and kind, but for all I knew it was a facade.

I turned, quickly and faced the men, my eyes scanning the area, reminding myself if the various exits and possible items that I could use as weapons,if I needed to defend myself.

The men seemed to be taken aback at my defensive behaviour, and both paused mid step, and froze, halting thier ideas if approach. We eyed each other.

It was almost as if we were trying to see into each other's souls in a way, to detect if we could be a threat to the other. I narrowed my eyes. These were definitely not your ordinary every day people.

They were trained. In what exactly, I didn't know. But until I knew how well they were trained, or what they were trained in, I would be very wary of them. I needed to protect my baby at all costs.

Finally, the Russian man nodded, and nudged growl in the side. "Hello kroshechnyy kotenok, my name is Raven. Grumpy is North."

Huh? Grumpy is North? What did that mean? Was he warning me not to go north or something?

My confusion must have shown on my face, as Growly began to speak.
"It's name. My name is North, not Growly. Don't listen to crow here."

It was obvious to me that these men had some sort of fuad or something going on, as they seemed to dislike each other.

They were still looking at me. Wait. Oops I didn't tell them my name. "I'm sang. It's nice to meet you North and Raven." My answer seemed to appease both of them, as they smiled at me.

I saw no threat in giving them my name, as there was no way for anyone to find me through my name. Perhaps by my deeds, but definitely not by name.

I wasn't sure what else I should do now. Was this the time for an awkward wave of goodbye, or was I to just walk away? I had zero social skills so I had no clue what to do at the moment.

My stomach growled loudly, and I blushed, embarrassed. I should probably stop ignoring my obvious hunger and feed myself.  A voice interrupted my train of thought. "You should eat that apple and another one if your stomach is making that much noise. It's not healthy, Sang Baby".

I nodded and took another bite, grabbing a basket and continuing my food collection. Both males followed me, as I entered the bread isle and began to  decide what type I wanted.

"Here sang baby. This one would be good for you" I peered up at North, who was holding a loaf of multigrain bread out to me. I didn't really care about the type of bread I got, as long as it was edible and cheap. I checked the price. $2. Perfect.

I smiled at North and grabbed the bread placing the bread in my basket.
I then began to walk down the aisle towards the next one, intending to fetch some cheap canned vegetables next. I paused in the isle as I realised something.

Sang baby? SaNg BaBy??? I'm no one's baby! Hmph.

I heard a loud thud and turned around, curious to see what could have made such a noise. The second I saw what had happened I began to laugh and giggle. In the floor, lay North and Raven.

North had landed on top of Raven, and it looked a lot like a lover's embrace, with Ravens arms in North's waist.Thier legs were even entwined with each other's.

But what made it even funnier, was the look of pure rage and disgust towards each other on both men's faces......

Author's note:

Soooo.... How was the chapter?

Suggestions?

Any random facts for me?

1134 words