2 • That's a lot to take in

《3rd person pov》

"Alright, you got all that?" Nico asked. He had walked Y/n home and stayed with him.

"Uh... not really..." Y/n answered, much to Nico's annoyance. "So, there are supernatural monsters that have lived among humans for thousands of years?"

"Yes." Nico answered flatly.

"Okay... and there are various different kinds of these monsters?" Nico nodded his head. "And the one you killed today was a 'vampire'?"

"Yes."

"I see... so, what are you?" Y/n questioned.

"I'm human."

[Y/n: He's doing something so dangerous as a normal human?]

"Uh, why do you hunt them?"

"It's something like a family tradition; And they're just fucking disgusting." Nico spat. He was clearly disgusted by the supernatural.

Remembering something, Y/n asked another question.

"What was that ash thing you did? When all of the ash suddenly went into that bag."

"Oh, just think of it as gathering material."

"For...?"

"You don't need to know." Nico bluntly stated.

"What? But you're dumping a lot on me already!" Y/n protested Nico's response.

"I didn't want to do this! But you just had to go and get targeted." He blamed.

"Uh, wha, but I-...." Y/n wanted to retort what he said, but couldn't. Not because he thought Nico was right, but because he had a hard time during confrontation. "... I'm sorry..." He apologized in a low voice.

Nico looked at him confused.

"Damn, you really are a pushover. You're not at fault for this. Sorry, I was just annoyed." Nico apologized, but also spoke as though he knew about Y/n, even if just a little. Y/n caught that, but wasn't able to question it. "But, being a pushover and being gullible are two different things. I'm surprised you're accepting this so easily. Are you an idiot?"

"....Well... actually... I think... I've encountered something... supernatural before..." Y/n reluctantly admitted. He wasn't sure if Nico would believe him. Y/n himself doesn't know for sure if it actually happened. "It was a long time ago... so I could be mistaken... but the whole thing felt too real. But... my therapist said my brain was making the situation even worse cause of how scared I was."

Nico looked at Y/n questioningly. The reason why the whole world doesn't know that the supernatural actually exists is because those that know of, or live in, that world make sure no-one finds out. Humans try to make sure other humans don't encounter the supernatural, while the supernatural use they're abilities to make the humans that do found out the truth forget.

So, if that's the case, what is Y/n talking about? Surely the therapist was right. At least, that's what Nico chose to believe. But he wanted to make sure; after all, a vampire attacking someone during the day is as rare as it is stupid. Why take the risk? The only reason Nico could think of was that the vampire was trying to get rid of Y/n, who may have seen something he shouldn't have.

"How long ago was this? And where?" Nico quickly questioned.

"Uh, about five years ago...? It was at an orphanage...." Y/n answered deflatedly.

Nico thought for a moment, remembering a certain incident from five years ago.

[Nico: An orphanage five years ago? If I remember correctly, I believe father spoke of something similar five years ago; which is odd, considering he doesn't take an interest in anything other than the supernatural.]