10 • Under the orphanage

I apologize for the late update, I wasn't satisfied with my writing and tried reading actual novels to see if any inspiration came to me. The novel I've been reading recently is "Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint". I'm currently at chapter 196.
___________________________________________

《Nico Strix》

"...Just hurry, please." Y/n asked.

I can understand his worry, but I can't take him down with me.

"Don't worry, it shouldn't take long." I assured.

With that, I entered the basement.

Once down here I reached into the dimensional bag and pulled out a flashlight. I turned it on and held it normally. I could see I was in a rather small room.

It was empty but had three doors; one in the wall in front of me, another to the right, and the last one to my left. Behind me was a ladder that lead back to where I came from.

The room gave me an eerie feeling but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary just yet.

I guess I'll have to choose which door to go throught first.

.....

They say 'right is always right'... right?

Following that logic I chose the right door.

Oh my God... this is... this is horrible! I can't believe there was something like this down here.... It- It's too much!

I rush out of the room, gasping for breath.

That bathroom reeks! Thank God I can't smell it out here.

If right was that bad, then the opposite has to be better. To the left!

Going through the left door, I'm greeted with the sight of another bathroom. Oddly enough, it doesn't smell anywhere near as bad as the other one. There are also no urinals.... This feels like the women's restroom.

I promptly leave after the realization.

So these two are just restrooms? I guess there's only one door left.

Walking through the last door, I'm greeted to the sight of a library. A surprisingly big one.

Walking through the library I see old books I'd never heard of before; which is surprising since I have an entire collection of books related to the supernatural.

Mainly on how to kill them, of course.

But getting back on track, I walk to the end of the library. The end was just more books.

"There's no way there is going to be a hidden entrance like in movies." I blurted out.

I first planned to go pull on each book, but stopped myself when I considered that one might be a trap. It certainly wasn't impossible.

Keeping the possibility of a trap in mind, I read through the book titles.

'History of hell'.... 'Secrets of the Elves'.... 'Introduction to magic'.... 'Basics of Aura'....

I continued to read through them, finding multiple books of interest, but still nothing that felt like a secret lever. Well, maybe the 'History of Hell'?

"Hm?"

A certain book caught my attention. It was titled 'Truth of the World'. It was similar to what a  certain madman used to preach about. Maybe because of that, I pulled on the book.

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing that the book shelf moved because of that specific book, but it revealed stairs that led further down. It also let loose a red furred dog with glowing red eyes and glowing orange markings on it's back.