7 • Nico can be nice?

《Y/n L/n pov》

It was the next day and I had just finished eating breakfast at Nico's house. He decided that if anything else comes after me it'd be best to be on his terf, so I'll be staying with him for a while.

I already brought everything important from my house last night, so I'm good to go. Well, stay, I guess.

"Here, take this." Nico said, handing me a knife. "It's made from Mistilteinn."

"A-Are you sure you want to give me this?"

"You need some way to defend yourself, and I have some more."

Looking at him, he was holding a katana with his right hand and puting brass knuckles in his pockets?!

"Will brass knuckles be effective against vampires?" I asked.

"Not normally, but these babies are made from Mistilteinn."

It seems like he has a lot made from Mistilteinn.

"How much of this Mistilteinn stuff do you have?"

"Hmmm, I guess if you count that knife, this sword, the Mistilteinn knuckles, and the gift my dad left me, then that's about all of the equipment made from it. Though there is a bit more of the plant itself downstairs."

You mean the dungeon?

"What's the gift from your dad?"

"Hidden in this handy little thing." He smirked, patting a small pouch hooked onto his belt. "A magic storage, courtesy of this towns prodigious mage."

"What makes it magic?"

"It's connected to a mini pocket dimension. Although, it does have a weight limit of about a hundred pounds."

So whatever is in there could be a hundred pounds. Could he even carry a hundred pounds casually like that?

Nico suddenly glared at me.

"This much weight won't be a problem."

I flinched at his statement.

"C-can you... read minds?"

But he doesn't have pink hair or antennas-

Uh, nevermind that.

"What? No. It was just written on your face." He answered. "You're not a very good liar, just like she said." He muttered the last part.

"Wha-"

"You ready to go?" He asked, cutting me off.

"Huh? Oh, y-yeah."

"Great. Let's make some stops on the way though, I want to know where you usually frequent."

"D-Do we have to?" I nervously asked.

"It doesn't hurt."

Speak for yourself, I'm a weeb. It's embarrassing....

"Alright, what's the first stop?" He asked me, putting his katana in the magical pouch.

"T-There's a cafe I go to a lot."

"Don't we have three of those? Which one is it?"

"The one Bob owns." I answered, referring to the Bob of 'Bob's gotcha'.

"Oh, cafe glutton? I heard that it's the most popular since it has every kind of coffee, tea, or dessert you could think of."

"That's the one. A friend of mine brought me there a lot."

"Well then, let's start heading there."
.
.
.
.
.

We walked for a while, with Nico explaining more about the supernatural. I suspect because he didn't want the awkward silence anymore than I did.