12 • First day of training

1. Yall gotta leave Nico alone lmao. I get it, he's sus, but I haven't decided on anything.

2. I fuckin love reading your comments. Some are nice, some actually make me laugh. I encourage anyone who thinks of something to say, to comment it.

《Y/n L/n》

We were somewhere beneath Nico's house, in a training room. There were plenty of weights and exercise equipment around us, but still enough space in the center for us to spar.

Nico was stretching right across from me. He cracked his neck and said, "Come at me with everything you've got. I need to know what I'm working with."

"...Are you sure?" I asked.

He looked at me with a surprised expression.

"D-Did I say something wrong?" I stuttered.

"Oh, no. It's just.... Do you think you can beat me?"

"I-I didn't mean it like that! I just don't want to accidentally hurt you..." I answered.

"Don't worry about that. If you do manage to get a hit or two in, then that just means you're better than expected." He assured.

"If you say so."

"Alright. You ready?"

I nodded my head.

"Okay, I'll give you the first shot."

Despite what he said, I didn't move. I stood where I was, guard up, watching him. A few seconds go by and he spreads his arms open. It was like he was trying to taunt me.

Suddenly, Amber's words flashed in my mind.

"When up against a normal person, don't hold back. Scare them."

Inhale.

Exhale.

Move like how she taught you.

Inhale.

Exhale.

You can do this.

I rushed at Nico. Getting close, I kicked up both feet and tried to smash them into his chest.

Nico bent backwards, causing me to fly over him. I twisted my body so I could land cleanly.

I rushed at him again, this time going for a leg sweep. Nico jumped back to avoid it. Not trying to waste time, I charge to tackle him once both of my feet get proper footing.

I succeeded in wrapping my arms around his waist, but in the next moment, I was suddenly in the air. I fell on my back and groaned as I got up.

"That was a bit surprising." Nico smirked. He motioned for me come at him again.

This time, I just casually walked towards him. The entire time he had a confused expression.

Once I was at an arms length of distance from him, I launch a few basic attacks to get an idea of his reaction speed. He blocked every single punch or kick I threw. Every so often grabbing my fist or leg and saying some taunt.

Seeing that he let his guard down, get ready to seriously attack him.

I kicked my leg up, aiming for his chin. He moved his head back. I kicked my other leg up and spun my body to try and kick his head. He blocked it and went to grab my leg. Before he could, I grabbed onto his arm with both hands and pulled myself up so I could be right above him. I reposition my hands onto his shoulder. I let myself fall foward and smash my knees into his chest.

That was what I had attempted to do, at least. He was ready for it and blocked it. Right after, he headbutt me.

I fell and held my head.

"...Where did you learn that?" Nico suddenly asked.

"From my friend." I answered, still clutching onto my head.

Nico then muttered something I couldn't hear.

"Sorry? I didn't hear you." I said.

"Nothing.... Sorry about the headbutt. You caught me off guard."

"Really? I guess that means I'm better than you expected, huh?" A small smile crossed my lips.

He smiled.

"Well color me surprised. Is that confidence?"

"H-Huh? Uh... a little?" I nearly whispered.

"Good. Cause that was an impressive effort."

"Oh... thank you."

He walked up to me and offered his hand.

"Get up. I think that's enough to get a general idea of where you stand."

I took his hand and he pulled me up.

"That's it?" I asked.

"That's it for sparring. We'll spend the rest of the night training. You're body is weirdly athletic, but you can still improve."

Nico motioned to the many weights and training equipment that surrounded us.

"I'll break you down and build you back up. Call it tough love." An oddly sinister grin was apparent on Nico's face as he said this.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It was the next day. Nico woke me up and I immediately felt the pain of yesterday.

"I don't want to get up today...." I groaned.

Nico tossed a pillow to my face and said, "You're the one that wanted to go to school again."

Right, I did say that.

Reluctantly, I get out of bed.

"Any nightmares? Or maybe a visit from that demon?" Nico asked.

"No. I haven't heard anything since back at the lake." A thought crossed my mind. "Why would a demon,warn us about another demon coming?"

"Dream demons are either under the demons of Lust or Sloth. Demons of sloth don't exactly get along with demons of Wrath. So it could just be some high-class demon of Sloth trying to fuck over a Demon of Wrath."

That's it?

"Or at least, that's what I'd like to think. The said demon coming for you isn't a demon. It's the contractor of Wrath; which I don't think you've wrapped your head around how big a fucking deal that is. Not to mention that a demon warning us would have to be at least Elite-class, or else it wouldn't survive the backlash."

"...So it's complicated." I stated.

"Really fucking complicated."

"....Any plans for today?"

"Besides going to school, I want to find out just how many supernaturals are in town, and what supernatural creature they are. There's also finding out what your connection to all this is. What that thing under the orphanage was. Who burned down the orphanage. Maybe even who owned the orphanage? God there's so much to do. Anything else-"

"Nico." I interrupted. "There's no way we'll be able to do all that in one day. Backup is coming soon, right? Maybe we could just... enjoy today?" I suggested.

"Right, sorry. This whole situation is just stressful." He took a deep breath and then exhaled. "We can just have a normal day, I guess."
___________________________________________

Not much action this chapter. Just some info and Y'all getting closer to Nico in a PLATONIC way. The MC/you are straight in this story. I have yet to decide on Nico's sexuality yet tho.

Also! I have made a character book for all important and minor characters that have been named. Just incase you forget someone and what they look like you can just check out the character book.