Prologue

I really should have thought of doing this first, but oh well, here we are.
___________________________________________

《Y/n L/n pov》

"What do you remember from that day?"

"We already talked about this.... Do I really have to go over it again?"

"Yes, we do. You came to me because you still think what you saw was real. Though it has been a while since you abruptly stopped coming."

"My... friend, didn't like me coming here, so she asked me to stop...."

"...I see. Please recount what you remember from that day now."

"....Okay, fine."

On that day, me and my friends- my family, were playing. We didn't know that the building had caught fire until it was too late.

What were you playing?

Do I really have to include that too?

Everything helps.

If you say so.

We were playing house. Two people were the parents while the rest of us were the children. We may have been around twelve, but we didn't have a lot to do. It also... felt nice to have a family, even if it was pretend.

Did you want to see your real family while you were at the orphanage?

Again, I don't see why I have to include this.

It's important.

....Yes. There wasn't a day I didn't ask myself why they abandoned me.

But getting back on topic, the other kids and myself began to panic after we finally noticed the fire. We ran out of the room and into the hallway.

What did you see there?

We-... We saw someone burning at the end of the hallway.

Were they moving?

No, not at first. They just stared at us, like they're body wasn't on fire.

We didn't know what to do since they were blocking the end of the hallway. When one of the other kids called out to them... that's when things-... that's when you say I probably started to imagine things.

Tell me what you thought you saw.

I saw... the person lunge at us. It grabbed one of us and bit into their neck; and in a matter of seconds my friend was reduced to skin and bones. The person continued to do so to the others until they finally grabbed me. Their nails dug into my skin, drawing blood. I don't know why, but they seemed to back off. The last thing I remember was them raising their hand, like they were going to hit me. After that, I woke up miles away from the orphanage.

And what do you think the person was?

I did some research, and found vampires to be the most likely thing. But I know those can't be real.

Which means?

Which means you're right.

But you still don't really believe that, do you?

....No, I don't.

Why is that?

I don't know.

You do, though.

....Because it felt too real. Because I know what I heard.

"Save me!"

We've been over this.

"What are you doing?!"

Dammit! You try convincing yourself something like this isn't real! That their screams aren't echoing in your head!

"Don't just stand there!"

Your imagination simply exaggerated things.

"Help us!"

Exaggerated things?! I remember their looks, their glares, their pleading eyes! It's burned into my mind!

"It's okay Y/n. This isn't your fault."

I'm trash that doesn't deserve to live!

"Run Y/n!"

I shouldn't have been the one to survive while everyone else died, scared out of their mind!

"You're lucky, boy."

The only reason I even go about my life is because of the only person in the world I can call my friend! And now they moved away for who knows how long!

....No progress today either. Our times up, so go home. Come see me another day if you still believe in what your mind exaggerated.

....Okay, see you next time.

Hopefully there isn't one.
___________________________________________