Illusions

Uchiha Madara was a man who was usually behind the situations in the world. He had caused most of the turmoil in Kiri. He had been behind the formation of Akatsuki. He had been behind the Kyuubi's attack on Konoha. Now, he watched another part of his grand design.

He had also been behind the current war that was now raging, and everything was going according to his plan, and his alone.

Madara sat on the head of his own statue, looking at the smoke as it rose from Konoha and smiled behind his mask. He had done well by making sure that those children remained unseen. They were acting as his perfect agent in this. Not that they knew it, and they would survive this battle. The only thing that annoyed him was his loss of the pawn of Orochimaru. Jiraiya or Tsunade would have killed him by now. A tragic loss, but one that he could compensate for.

The loss of Itachi on the other hand...well, he had guessed a long time ago that he wasn't anywhere near as loyal as he acted, but he did contribute to the whole plan. Even his defection did, but it was a little depressing to see a relative with so much potential disappear from his control. He would have put Itachi in a place of power too. Then again, they did have so much in common, so it was Madara did understand, and, from his point of view, there were no hard feelings in this. It was just the way it was.

Madara stood up; he had other aspects of his plan to prepare for. He also had to go get his little underling. After all, that man had a tendency to do very...unpleasant things if he was allowed on his own, and his role was over for now. He had best remain safe and sound in the shadows of minor villainy.

Konoha wasn't the main focus anymore. It was just another little village that was to be used and deposed of when he was done. Danzou had actually been starting to show signs of being a possible problem. That man had always been a little difficult to predict. Madara hadn't even been sure that he was going to murder the Sandaime the way that he was supposed to.

Well, things were going as planned, and Konoha was going to be relegated back to its puppet status that it had gained for him.

Madara smirked as his eyes traveled to the statue that was opposite of his.

It was wonderful to be able to think that way.

"You're stripping." Tayuya's voice was flat as Kimimaro shed his haori and loosened his shirt so that it fell, revealing his bare chest.

It was a pain to fight with his shirt on. After all, being a fighter who pulled his own bones out made it difficult and slow. He had the chance to pull out his spine earlier, but being that he was taking on four at the same time, Kimimaro was going to have to prove just how powerful he really was. He had been drinking milk all day for this. Chances were he wasn't going to be getting too tired to fight before he had the chance to crush these guys.

He reached behind him and began to pull on the bone that was protruding, watching as the four stopped moving for a second as they stared in horror as Kimimaro slowly pulled out his own spinal cord. He was kind of enjoying this. For a brief moment he wished he could pull his skull out along with it the way he had once when training. Even Tsunade had turned pale when she saw that.

But two whips were enough to make the spider guy turn white.

"Did he just...pull out his spine..?" One of the two heads of the pale boy asked, "I mean, when I saw him holding a bone whip I didn't think..."