Counter Attack

Sakura was starting to get irritated by the fact that the two kept dodging. The only thing that they had going for them was their speed. The kid with the weird things on his arms might have been able to fight, but he needed more time than Sakura was giving him. Same with the girl. She needed to set up her attack, and Sakura wasn't going to let that happen.

All she needed was one like mistake. One little slip up or underestimation. Well, looked like she'd have to make one. Sakura made a motion like she had lost her balance for just a second, in in that second, the boy's eyes moved towards his teammate.

"So, do you think she can fight now," the boy asked the girl sarcastically.

"Oh, would you shut up," she growled.

"This was your brilliant idea," he shot back.

"Shannaro!" Sakura cheered as she managed to punch the boy's gut.

The boy flew back and crashed over the bridge towards where Haku was. It was hard to tell with the mist that Haku had called up.

"Zaku!" the girl looked over to where he had just been only to have Sakura appear in front of her.

"Teammates shouldn't fight with one another," she said, cracking her knuckles, "It distracts them. You're really Genin aren't you?"

"What's that got to do with it," the girl spat, "I'm just as tough as you are!"

Sakura laughed a little bit.

"Your boss doesn't train you much if you think that," she said, "Now, get your friend up, and stand in front of me. If you move like you're going to escape, I'll brain you."

"They'll find a way to escape," an old woman's voice said.

Sakura whirled around to see the old woman from before, Chiyo-san or something, watching her.

"I know but-hey, what happened to the guy who'd never heard of respecting his elders?" Sakura started and interrupted herself.

Chiyo watched her and nodded to herself about something.

"He disappeared. I managed to fight him for a while, but he refused to fight," she broke off, muttering to herself about what she was going to do to him when she found out who he was, "I'll tell you this, that boy was no Konoha nin."

"Why...are you telling me this?" Sakura's eyes narrowed behind her mask.

"Because you're invading this city," the old woman shrugged, "And because you actually thought about someone beside yourself. At my age you start to notice the selfishness of others. Consider it something of a reward."

Sakura had the feeling suddenly that that old woman would have been just fine without any help. All Sakura had done was make her...interested. Well, there was nothing that Sakura could do but wait and see what happened. That and watch like she was going to do with prisoners. It was pretty clear that Chiyo was going to tag along.

Sakura turned back to the girl and Zaku, who had been pulled up. They stared at her apprehensively.

"Orochimaru-sama's going to use us as test subjects once he figures out that we've failed," Zaku muttered, "Kabuto will probably use us for that freaky resurrection thing that he's been working on in his spare time."