x. every little step

GREEK TRAGEDY ::  x

GREEK TRAGEDY
::  x. | every little step

It had been a couple of hours since the incident and everyone was just finding out about it. As soon as Ashely found out, Chad gave her ride. Once arriving, they rushed in. Haley was who they ran into when they walked into the waiting area.

Ashely then told them that she wanted to go in first. So she headed towards his room and as she approached it, she saw the door was open. She peeked in and saw Peyton and him talking. Ryland's words kept playing in the back of her mind as she watched him.

As she stood out there, she didn't notice Lucas looking her way and Peyton.

"Ash, hey."

At the sound of her name, she walked on in and immediately felt like she was interrupting something.

"I'm not —- you know —- "

Peyton shook her head, "Of course, not. I was just on my way out."

After Peyton left, Ashely slowly approached Lucas who had a light smile across his lips as he stared into her eyes.

"I'm fine. I swear." He tried to downplay the accident, so she wouldn't worry much.

"You better be." Ashely shook her head, "You have no idea how scared I was when Haley called."

"Why would I miss out on ever being with you?"

And just like that, Ashely went in for a kiss. She kissed one of her good friends and it was different from kissing other people. Maybe because she had a real relationship with him before hand? Whatever it was, she didn't want it to stop.

The two briefly pulled away and then pecked each other's lips one last time for the time being. Just when they thought they were completely alone still, there was a light knock on the door.

"Just making sure everything's ok in here." Karen walked in.

"Hi, Karen." Ashely went in for a brief hug, "Welcome back."

She hugged back, "Wasn't the way I intended to come back, but thank you."

With a light chuckle, she glanced Lucas' way as she pulled from the embrace. Ashely then parted ways with the mother and son, wanting to give them their space. She met her brother and Haley in the waiting area. She filled them in on Lucas' well-being before exiting the hospital together.