iii. welcome to my world

GREEK TRAGEDY ::  iii

GREEK TRAGEDY
::  iii. | welcome to my world

A party was held at Nathan's house as per usual after they win a game. But that's not what happened exactly right after the game. Instead, Nathan stole a school bus with some of the students and went rogue. As the school bus was being driven around in the woods, the small group at the River court had just gotten back to their homes, just like Ryland.

Except there was one problem: someone was waiting for her on her porch.

She noticed the figure but didn't recognize who it was until the closer she got. Once she saw it was Jake, she rolled her eyes. She didn't want to talk to him one bit and was annoyed of his sudden trying of getting her attention.

Where was this attitude when they were on the verge of breaking up?

She sighed as her arms crossed over her chest, "What do you want?"

"I hate that you're mad at me." He stood up, "It's the last thing I ever wanted to happen."

"I'm not mad at you." Ryland softly spoke, "I'm annoyed. You broke up with me instead of talking with me. . . and I don't know why."

His hands slid into his front pockets, "I'm still not ready. Knowing you, I know you can respect that but I understand."

"Do you?" She put her arms down by her sides, "You left me hanging. You gave me no reason of why we should breakup. If anything, I would've given you space — all the space you needed. But no, you pulled the plug on something that was going so good. At least I thought so."

He walked closer, "No, it was. I-it was." He deeply sighed, "I didn't come to argue."

"Then why are you really here?"

"To make sure we're still friends after all this." He admitted.

"I need time like you need time." Ryland told him before walking pass him to her front door. She turned her head and gave Jake one last look before entering her house.

The one thing the two always did right and always had for each other is respect. She will respect his wishes as he will do the same for her. It wasn't mutual at first but this time it was and Ryland felt like she was getting broken up with all over again.

Since it was so late at night, he parents were already sleeping. She quietly went up to her bedroom and closed the door behind her. She pulled out her phone after tossing her bag on the floor, scrolling through her contacts for Ashely's number. Ashely was her go-to to talk about everything with, besides being her best friend.