xv. space is just a word

GREEK TRAGEDY ::  xv

GREEK TRAGEDY
:: xv. | space is just a word

Even though dare night was a blast, it caused Ryland to have some after thoughts. Thoughts that involved Jay and herself. She started thinking about more of who she is or wants to be. She was thinking of that quick peck she shared with her best friend and what that meant for her because the more she thought about it, the more she realized, she liked it.

Ryland always figured that she got everything figured out for herself and that there was no more surprises. But what she didn't expect was a different side to her that she never thought to explore. She was only ever attracted to guys, she never saw the appeal to women in that way and still doesn't, but maybe that was because she never let herself open up like that.

The teen had a lot of questions and the one person she could think of who could possibly help her out, would be her best friend. She felt like Ashely could understand because of who she is.

So, Ryland sent a quick text to Ashely that she was going to come over on that Friday night.

As soon as she had the moment to get what she needed and hopped in her car, she began to Ashely's place. Soon enough, after a little over ten minute drive, Ryland pulled up and parked on the curb in front of Ashely's place.

She got out her car with her overnight bag and headed to the front door. Ryland knocked it and just moments later it opened.

"Hey, ry." Chad smiled.

She returned the smile, "Going to see Anna?"

"That's right." He walked passed her, out the door, "Ashley's upstairs."

She quickly turned around, facing his back, "And your parents?"

"It's cool, don't worry!" He lastly said as he continued to his car.

She then closed the door and proceeded to Ashely's room with her bag. She noticed the door wide open and walked in, not finding anyone. So, Ryland assumed Ashely went to the bathroom and took the pleasure to settle in as to wait for her.

As a few minutes went by, Ashely walked into her bedroom finding her best friend lying on the bed on her phone.

"Hey, hey." Ashely plopped next to Ryland, "How's it going?"

"Two things." Ryland closed her phone, "Anna and Chad seem to be getting cozy and your parents aren't here?"

"Yeah, business trip. Which is a lame excuse to get away from me." She didn't let that truth wither away at her, "But yeah, my brother seems to really like Anna. Meteor shower date."