xiii. double dog dare ya

GREEK TRAGEDY ::  xiii

GREEK TRAGEDY
::  xiii. | double dog dare ya

Tensions were high but the regular school day was just as the same. Everyone was going throughout their day, classes and lunch. However, one by one, they all received an envelope in their locker. Each person was curious and suspicious.

The letter was random and it read that they should swing by Karen's cafe after hours for a little game called dare night.

Of course with Ryland she obviously second guessed. But after rereading the note again, she decided what's the harm. So just like everyone else, she found her way to class that was the second to last for the day which was science.

She sat next to Bevin, her science partner in the class. Just as class started, she felt her phone vibrate in her front pocket. Ryland pulled it out and saw a text from Jake on the home screen.

Meet me out front, parking lot, the text read.

As she slid her phone back in her pocket with one hand, she rose the other. She told the teacher she needed to use the bathroom and soon was excused. Ryland left the classroom and began her way to the parking lot in front of the school. She exited out a pair of double doors, then proceeded to jake's car.

As soon as she reached the passenger's side, he unlocked the car. Ryland got in and he immediately locked the car back. The two sat there in silence for the time being, then Ryland looked towards him and she saw it in his face that something wasn't right.

She sighed as she turned her head back forward, looking out in front of her from the front window of the car.

"What's wrong?"

Jake just sighed before turning his head towards Ryland. His jaw clenched, afraid of the words that were going to leave his mouth.

His eyes stayed on her's, "I think we should break up."

Ryland froze, she went into shock. She couldn't believe it was happening again.

Jake was shamelessly breaking her heart, yet again. He didn't say anything else, he just waited till Ryland said something. After a good five to ten minutes she eventually did.

She looked at him once again. This time tears streaming down her cheek.

"I always pictured you as someone who would never hurt me." She continued, "The first time —— fine. But this time, i will never forgive you."