xvi. what would brooke do?

GREEK TRAGEDY ::  xvi

GREEK TRAGEDY
:: xvi. | what would brooke do?

"Lucas Scott! You get back here right now!" Karen yelled as he left out the front door.

Him and her were in the middle of arguing about Dan because apparently he has a heart condition and Lucas doesn't want to know if he might have it too, which his mom disagrees with.

He was on his way to school, but decided to stop by peyton's on the way. He wanted to see her and talk to her. He knew it was a bad idea but lately he couldn't stop thinking about her and he wasn't sure he wanted it to stop.

It wasn't that he didn't have feelings for Ashely anymore, it was more so Peyton finally came around but at the worse time and he just poorly been handling it.

However, once he arrived to Peyton's, she was the only one there. Brooke got a head start and left early, which was perfect for Peyton and Lucas.

He walked inside her house and up the stairs to her bedroom which was open. He walked on in and found her in the bathroom doing her makeup.

"Hey." He lightly smiled.

Peyton turned in his direction, "You shouldn't be here."

"Couldn't stay away." He approached her. Luke grabbed her arm and pulled her out the bathroom, walking backwards towards her bed.

"Luke —— "

He switched them around and Peyton fell back on the bed. Lucas hovered on top and leaned down, going in for a kiss. Just a for a few moments, they were stuck in the moment but then guilt kicked in and Peyton lightly pushed him off.

"What?" He stood in front of her.

"She's one of my best friends, Luke." Peyton sat up, "She's been there for me since the beginning like Brooke."

Lucas nodded, "I'll see you at school."

• • •

Everyone was as they were. Ashely, Haley, and Nathan in their classes. Chad, Jay, and Alexa in study hall. Then there was Ryland and Brooke chatting about in front of the school. She was filling Brooke in of what she stumbled across over the weekend. Though she agreed to keep her mouth shut, it was only fair if Brooke knew about it.

"I with I could unsee it." Ryland sighed, "Should I tell her?"

"No. That's a stupid move." Brooke thought for a moment, "Do what Brooke would do."