don't let them get to you (X)

backstory- Xandra is your stepmom and the two of you have grown quite close. One day she finds out your being bullied at school, but she makes sure to look after you.

y/n= your name
tw's= mention of bullying, mention of dead parent, mention of skipping meals and weight shaming.

It was a day like any other, wake up, brush teeth, get dressed then leave the house. I never ate breakfast because I knew that it would give them more to bully me for.

Ever since my mom passed away last year my dad grew very distant from me, well until he met Xandra, who would soon come to be my stepmom.

She's very pretty, she can be nasty if she wants to be, but never to me, infact she's always the opposite. When i first told her I was getting bullied she went straight to my school to take care of it

Today was no different, once i got off the bus and walked back to my house i could smell a faint smell of smoke, so i instantly knew Xandra was there.

"Hey honey, good day?" Xandra asks, throwing her cigarette on the ground.

I just keep my head down and walk into the house, going straight upstairs to my bedroom. Once inside my room I throw my bag on the floor and lay on my bed, crying like always.

I can hear faint footsteps coming up the stairs, somehow I just know it's Xandra so I quickly sit up, drying my eyes.

She knocks on my door, "sweetie?" she asks. I don't move at first because I don't want her to see me like this, i don't want her to see me weak.

I let out a sigh as I walk over to my door, opening it gently. I'm suprised to see Xandra looking at me with an almost maternal look on her face.

"What's wrong? and don't you dare say nothing" She asks coming into my room, closing the door behind her.

"It's happening again" is all I need to say, she knows exactly what I mean, she always has.

"Oh sweetheart" she says which is enough for me to burst into tears.

Xandra gently grabs my shoulders and pulls me into her. I can feel her gently rocking me from side to side in a soothing manner.

"Shhh, let it all out, i'm right here" she coos in my ear, trying her best to calm me.

"Your so much stronger than them, y/n" she says as she cups my face in her palms.

"Your beautiful, smart, funny, caring. So much more than they could ever be, even if they tried" She smiles, kissing my forehead.

"I'm sorry" I sniffle, feeling embarrassed that Xandra had to see me like this.

"Hey now, don't say that" She whispers, kissing my forehead again. "You have nothing, absolutely nothing to be sorry for daring"

I smile at her words, hugging her again.

Xandra smiles as she holds me close to her, kissing the top of my head.

"Your okay now sweet girl" she whispers, holding me even tighter.

"Don't let them get to you"